Media Server Not Showing Up on PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Media Server Not Showing Up on PS3

Postby sekhu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:18 pm

I've had more than a few problems with my PC of late, and one of those problems is that PS3 Media Server has suddenly stopped working. I haven't changed or edited anything, installed nothing new etc. It simply fails to show up on the PS3. I tried TVersity to see if that worked, and it does, and shows up on the PS3. When PS3 Media Server tries to connect it takes a while before it gives me the red x error.

I've tried a different network cable, and changed the network slot on the router, but to no avail. It should work without changing anyway since TVersity shows up. I can't use TVersity properly (it gives me garbled sound on AC3 or DTS videos), and PMS is way better and works.

Please advise on how to get it working again.

Thanks in advance
sekhu

Re: Media Server Not Showing Up on PS3

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Need more info.... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Media Server Not Showing Up on PS3

Postby sekhu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm

Sorry for the lack of info. I've resolved the issue in any case. I think the installation became corrupt, as it wouldn't let me uninstall or overwrite, so I had to uninstall in safe mode, reinstalled normally and it's working again.
sekhu

Return to General Help and Support