Not playing some mp3 files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not playing some mp3 files

Postby Omnimog » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 am

I am suddenly having a weird problem.
Some albums, normal mp3 files that is, no different than the other hundred gig-something that always works, just do not want to play on my ps3 through ps3 media server. Now, I could have thought there was something with the files, but meta-data shows absolute no difference from other, working files.
And here is the twist; my xbox 360, which is a nightmare to play music from, works perfectly fine with the exact same files through ps3 media server. The error msg is of course the "datatype not supported" on my ps3.
Can anybody help me out with this, pretty please, sugar and all?
Omnimog

Re: Not playing some mp3 files

Postby Omnimog » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:37 am

Guess I can add some more info.
I just found out that the files not playing are of mp3 256 kbps codec. That seems to differ them from most else that I checked out.

Besides from that, I have my PS3 connected to a logitech z5500 through optical, same as the xbox360; I just switch the optical cable.

Debug log shows nothing astray from normal, regular starts ans stops of the file from what I can see in comparison to all other mp3 plays, except that it won't play.

As this works on my 360, I can't come to think that this has anything to do with my PC in any way. Probably not the pms neither, but if anybody is familiar with these problems, solutions would be very much appreciated either way :)

[edit], nope, found other files of same codec, played them, no problem at all. So what could actually be the problem then ? :(
Omnimog

Postby Pecks » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:53 am

I'm having the same problem. Some mp3 files just don't work and gives "datatype not supported" error. Can anyone help?
Pecks

Postby heatislandeffect » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:59 am

I'm having the same problem. Posting for visibility.
heatislandeffect

Postby Bagginsbeans » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Oddly enough, in having this same problem I came to an easy solution. Copy your audio files to a different folder. Works perfectly
Bagginsbeans

Return to General Help and Support