Why is my Media library so slow to browse

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Why is my Media library so slow to browse

Postby Uridium » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Answered those questions myself.

Have done the same and browsing now much faster (although I am still using V1.04) Even the first browse whilst caching was way faster so i think my DB must have become corrupt or something

I don't do any transcoding so nothing really pushing me to upgrade to later versions as yet.

I'm happy again :)
Uridium

Re: Why is my Media library so slow to browse

Postby LarryTru » Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 am

So, it seems like its just thje process of parsing the media files that takes so long. If its been properly pre-parsed then its reasonably quick? I can confirm that it seems this is true. However, brosing my raw files is too close for comfort.

I know I've seen some remarks about TVersity which implied that the scanning of the media library it did is considered by some to be a negative thing. But perhaps it is a neccessary evil to get consistantly quick browsing. You wouldn;t neccessarily haveto require a scan. Rather provide it as an option for those who want it. Newly added medai could still be browsable, but at a slower rate than after the periodic scan.
LarryTru

Previous

Return to General Help and Support