Streaming VC-1

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Streaming VC-1

Postby ecn113 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:24 am

Is it possible to stream VC-1 codec? I always get the data corrupted error. I also have noticed that most blu-ray have True HD audio which can be converted down to ACS with TsMuxer which works fine. TsMuxer also downconverts DTS-HD to DTS, but is DTS playable on PS3? All three of these have been a combined problem.
ecn113

Re: Streaming VC-1

Postby shagrath » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 am

ecn113 wrote:Is it possible to stream VC-1 codec? I always get the data corrupted error. I also have noticed that most blu-ray have True HD audio which can be converted down to ACS with TsMuxer which works fine. TsMuxer also downconverts DTS-HD to DTS, but is DTS playable on PS3? All three of these have been a combined problem.

ps3 badly supports VC-1 while streaming... and the truehd audio is not really well supported by the server at this point... however, the DTS-HD part should be played fine
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: Streaming VC-1

Postby ecn113 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:49 am

That makes more sense since VC-1 is an MS codec ut so many BD are VC-1. I am finr with downconverting truehd to ac3 but do I need something enables to stream DTS-HD? Is there a major difference between all of these audio and video codecs in your experience (ie audio: truehd vs DTS vs AC3)?

Btw I have tried tversity and nero media home and dont compare to this. Streaming music right now......thanks
ecn113

Return to General Help and Support