Diabled thumbnails but still 100% CPU usage

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Diabled thumbnails but still 100% CPU usage

Postby bigo93 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 pm

OK, I have a single core sempron. Not idea for a media server but it worked with TVersity.

Problem is that this server is OK when going through folders, CPU usage doesnt go up. But as soon as media files appear in a folder it wants to load thumbnails and the CPU usage jumps to 100% for 30 seconds minimum, more depending on how many files are in the folder.

So I disabled the thumbnails option. But it still takes up all the resources to display a green arrow instead!

Thought setting up a media library would help, as i thought it would save the thumbnails so that when I go into a folder with media files it'll load pretty much straight away. But I was wrong, it even took 12 hours to finish scanning! 12 hours wasted! TVersity scans it all a little over 2 hours!

Is there a way to disable these thumbnails completely so that all you get is a list of the files, no images? I never had a problem with TVersity with this so please can the devlopers do something about this. Thanks
bigo93

Return to General Help and Support