Small Issue

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Small Issue

Postby Kazz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:40 am

I got it all setp working fine, but I have an Icon for WMP11 on my PS3, how can I remove this? I disallow the PS3 from WMP11 but icon still on my PS3 dash? if I disable sharing completely in WMP11 it goes away, but then PS3MS wont work will it?
Kazz

Re: Small Issue

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:13 pm

PMS will work with WMP disabled, but you need to make sure that when you disable WMP's sharing that it doesn't disable the SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host services with it, as PMS does need those.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Kazz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:38 pm

How would I check that, where would I go? in XP?
Kazz

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Right-click on My Computer, and then click on Manage. In the window that pops up, expand the Services and Applications item in the tree view and click on Services. In the main view look for the two listed services and make sure the status (a few columns to the right) isn't "Disabled" for each.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support