Transcoding doesn´t work at all

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Transcoding doesn´t work at all

Postby HiveGuard » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Hello,

I am quite new to these streaming/transcoding stuff, therefore I may doesn´t see the problem.
But before the problem my specs first.
_____________________________________________________
I use my "old" IBM x31 as a homeserver:
Pentium M 1.4 Ghz
1 GB RAM
500 GB HD via USB
Windows XP SP2

OK, that isn´t really much power but the files I want to playback are really not so big of a deal. Mostly tv-series in xvid about 350mb .... as usual.

Connection to PS3 via:
Homeplug 100. - so bandwidth should not be a problem

Useing PS3 Mediaserver v.1.10.51

_______________________________________________________

The problem:
Transcoding dosn´t work at all. Not a single one. Normal playback, as far as the PS3 supports the codec is no problem. But as known, some xvids oder divx codec aren´t suported. So I went into the transcoding directory and tried playback. not a single one of each video i trested seems to work.
Every try is responded with a (i know i am not allowed to say that but i have no choice): corrupted data message
PS3 doesn´t even start to transcode. Transcodeingbuffe seems to keep empty - aktual bitrate 0 kb/s and max. bitrate of 5242 kb/s
If there is a FAQ for PS3 mediaserver solveing that problem, I am sorry, i didn´t found it.

What have i done to solve the problem:
deactivated firewall
got server as dmz
installed actual vlc
tryed some options in PS3 but nothing

Maybe my server hasn´t enougth power to transcode?
HiveGuard
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Transcoding doesn´t work at all

Postby HiveGuard » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Forgot the log
Attachments
debug.zip
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
HiveGuard
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Transcoding doesn´t work at all

Postby HiveGuard » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:43 pm

So next steps where:

I installed P3 Mediaserver on my quadcore. Transcoding via MEncoder worked fine. Global CPU Usage about 3% :o
OK that ist not much and should work with my Pentium M.
My quadcore PC (to much powerconsumption as server) could only transcode via MEncoder because there was no codec-pakage installed on it.

So, I thougt it may be a codecproblem with my homeserver an not a performance problem.
therefore I installed K-lite codec, Mplayer and more.
Than tried again. MEncoder transcodings still does not work
But now AviSynth/FFmpeg transcoding workes now ! :D (at 100% CPU usage)

But still i would be very happy if someone may got a solution für my MEncoder problem. Every transcoding with Mencoder included seems ot to work.
HiveGuard
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 pm


Return to General Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests