browsing files takes forever

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: browsing files takes forever

Postby Uridium » Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 am

shayno wrote:My prob is a small one,

I have a whole heap of episodes in one folder is there a way i can play the first one and then it will auto play the second and third and so on,
I have noticed it did it on one occasion but i can not get it to do it again, Now when the first episode finishes it just stops and does not carry on to the second.

Regards

Not really the place for your question but you need to enable seuqntial playback in the PS3 XMB settings.
Uridium

Postby Uridium » Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 am

I had similar problems with Slow folder browsing until i followed Meskibob's suggestion posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1410

Folder browsing hugely improved after doing this.
Uridium

Postby LarryTru » Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 am

I've only noticed the slowness on pictures and video (not flac files). I have noticed something akin to the "randomly corrupted files". When opening a folder wth an albim's worth of FLAC files, sometimes some of the files will be listed with their filenames instead of the song name (presumably from the embedded tags).
LarryTru

Postby leklausm » Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey ya'll. I realize that its been about 2 weeks since this thread was uppity, but I do do have something new to report here as regards my previous posts. I switched out my NAS which gave me a max transfer speed of about 10MB/sec for a brand new 1TB USB Fantom Green HDD, which gives me more like 13MB-23MB/sec. I copied my same media lib over and low and behold: browsing is MUCH faster. It still takes a couple secs for big folders to load but it hasn't stopped reading the folders after 30 secs like it used to do sometimes. It can still take a while for the thumbnails to all show up, even though I have them disabled! It just tries and loads that green icon.

So, since everything else is exactly the same, I gotta say it was the storage device that was my problem. So for you folks still with troubles, try hooking up another drive to the pc, or try streaming from folders on your main windows partition and see if there is a speed change. Really though, it still doesn't make too much since that an increase in transfer speeds of usually 3-10MB/sec would make browsing go about 4-5 times as fast for me.... :?
leklausm

Postby jebise101 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:34 am

mines is on the main windows partition and with tversity they load in seconds while pSM same pc takes ages
jebise101

Previous

Return to General Help and Support