Problem with video files on dvd added drive (not iso)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problem with video files on dvd added drive (not iso)

Postby DemonSeed » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 am

Hello there. I have added my dvd as a directory in pms as I have burned many dvd's that contain video's such as avi (xvid/divx) and mkv's. Each dvd contains around 20-24 of these kind of files. When I navigate to this folder on pms, the listing seems to take quite some time and sometimes it does not manage to list all the files. When it does, it only thumbnails a select few (would disabling thumbnail generation help?), while some have the green arrow icon, and the rest come up as "corrupted data". I have to enable and then disable the media server on the ps3 and then try again to at least list all the files that are on the dvd. Playing the files is another story. Even though the ones with the thumbnails mostly play fine, I have to go to the transcode folder if they don't play properly. Pms itself has no problems with these files (copied to the comp and played through pms), I'm wondering if it's because I'm trying to play it from a dvd drive that's the problem (is there a bottleneck? people seem to play dvd iso's fine). Any suggestions? I'd really like to get this working as I've got a ton of vid files burned to dvd.
My computer specs:
q9400 core2quad processor
4gigs ram
100 network speed wired.
Pms version 1.10.51
xp 64bit
DemonSeed

Re: Problem with video files on dvd added drive (not iso)

Postby DemonSeed » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:39 am

Has nobody even attempted to add their dvd drive with a bunch (more than 20, and all in the same dir, be it the rootdir or in another folder from the root) of video files on it?
DemonSeed

Return to General Help and Support