PMS Keeps Saying No Renders Were Found

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS Keeps Saying No Renders Were Found

Postby Huey » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 am

I have been using PMS for 3 yrs now and have never had a problem with it before. I have just finished installing PMS for Windows and for some reason it's saying no renders were found even though my PS3 is on and online and I have a great Internet connection. I then tried resetting the PS3 as I usually do when it doesn't pick up on my PS3 right away and that didn't do anything. Then I tried restarted PMS and still nothing. I also went to search for Media Servers on my PS3 and nothing worked. Finally I decided to Reinstall PMS and see if that would help. It didn't keeps saying the exact same thing. I shut down any firewall or Anti-Virus software I had active on my computer to make sure that wasn't causing issues with it and yes nothing. Only since they I installed this NEW version of PMS have I began to have problems with this program. I truly wish they would stop trying to improve things that need no improvement and just leave them as is. I've been looking online for a older version of PMS but can't seem to locate a DL link. If anyone knows where one is I would truly appreciate it. I use Windows 7 Operating system if that's of any help.
Huey

Re: PMS Keeps Saying No Renders Were Found

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:36 pm

it's saying no renders were found even though my PS3 is on and online and I have a great Internet connection.

Internet connection has nothing to do with PMS unless you are web streaming. How strong your LAN is, is MUCH more important.

Only since they I installed this NEW version of PMS have I began to have problems with this program. I truly wish they would stop trying to improve things that need no improvement

Why not revert to a version that works. I am still rocking SubJunk53......because it works for me and has a feature no longer available in any version out there. I only change versions if a new desired feature is implemented, or if the current version is hinky.

SubJunk Builds (scroll down on page for more versions)

Official Builds (Select Search: All Downloads)
Should allow you to find an older build that works for you.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby ThemePark » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Huey, I had this problem too, and my solution might work for you. Under the tab General Configuration, it says Force networking on interface. Your network cards should be there, so choose the one you're using, save and restart the server.
ThemePark

Postby Huey » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:03 am

Tried that didn't do anything
Huey

Postby qzack96 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:03 am

ThemePark wrote:Huey, I had this problem too, and my solution might work for you. Under the tab General Configuration, it says Force networking on interface. Your network cards should be there, so choose the one you're using, save and restart the server.

Hey ThemPark,

I had exact same problem as OP, and I tried your solution and it worked. I signed up just to say thanks !
qzack96

Postby CaptainJ28 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:06 am

I tried what Huey said, and I still get the "no renderers" found. Also, instead of showing a folder icon for my VIDEOS folder, it shows a play button, and when I click it, it says "the data is corrupted". WTF??
CaptainJ28

Postby GDawg2k2 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 am

Same thing just happened here, though my ps3 still sees the psms and plays fine!
Everything had been running fine for a couple of days.. right up to the point when I added AVISynth! AVIsynth and its filter had been xed out after the orig install. So after reading about them in the docs I decided to download and install both AVISynth pieces.. As soon as I restarted the server both went green, however the "No Render" problem popped up..
At this point I went to the ps3 and noticed that it still showed the PSMS, only difference was, despite having only 4 specific folders in the shared box, ps3 now sees all my drives. This is new, coming with the "no renderer" flag!

Note: I'm also in the process of trying Mezzmo and Serviio on the same machine. These both continue to run with out issue, in fact, I think I like them both of them over PSMS. Much easier to set up right out of the box, and so far, by my eyes anyway, play just as well.. All have a little shake during full HD frames panning or dollying (all pixels updating) across a Wifi N connection. Not bad but there's a little chop in all of them..

OH.,, I tried locking in the NIC as suggested, it didn't help...

FYI,, I was using WMP12's streamer that worked fine on PS3 and my Samsung LED SmartTV.. In fact,, the only reason Im slugging through all this is the fact that for what ever reason the .MKV containers have become the norm and despite having the right codecs (latest CCCC pack) AND the fact that mkv's play just fine on wmp,, neither the Samsung nor PS3 plays or even shows the files in the folders. OH,, renaming them to .AVI does nothing..
GDawg2k2

Return to General Help and Support