Running Multiple Servers

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Running Multiple Servers

Postby Blade_Beam » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:03 am

Alright, Well, I'm trying to get 2 instances of PS3 Media Server running. I've got that, each one on a different port is set specifically, one for the PS3, one for the 360. The problem now is, I want to be able to stream to both of them at the same time. I've tried setting it so that the files from the server for the PS3 are transcoded with Mencoder and the files from the server for the 360 are transcoded with AviSynth. The PS3 files play fine, but the 360 doesn't like the AviSynth files for some reason and I've lost my debug file... I've tried setting it so that each uses Mencoder, which would be ideal, but it causes Mencoder to crash. Any ideas? I'm just really trying to get this so that if I want to watch something, and someone else wants to watch something else, we could each take one of the consoles and each watch what we wanted on a different tv. Not that I can do that now, but planning ahead. Any help would be appreciated shagrath! Love the program btw, but I think i told you that already.

Specs on the Computer and the Network are:
CPU: AMD FX-60 2.60 GHz Dual-Core
RAM: 4 GB
Comp: Wired to router
PS3: Wired to router
360: Wired to router

I really have a nice set up going here, it'd be amazing if i could get 2 instances to work nicely together to stream to two different machines at the same time!
Blade_Beam

Re: Running Multiple Servers

Postby Blade_Beam » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Hate to do this but....bump!

Does anyone have any ideas on what is happening here or anyway to accomplish this?
Blade_Beam

Return to General Help and Support