MKV 720p: Slightly Async on some Files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MKV 720p: Slightly Async on some Files

Postby Rorschach » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi,

i´m using PMS for quite some time with a wired 1Gbit configuration and now I noticed a slight async effect on 2 or 3 files i have. The async .MKV comes with a AC3 5.1 audiostream and plays fine on my PC. But as soon as i´m "streaming" them/it to the PS3, it´s slightly async. To be sure it´s nothing about my network, i´ve tried several other .mkvs i have. Some of them have a DTS audiostream too and they are absoluteley fine! Any chance to figure out how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Rorschach

Re: MKV 720p: Slightly Async on some Files

Postby Jagged » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Rorschach wrote:Hi,

i´m using PMS for quite some time with a wired 1Gbit configuration and now I noticed a slight async effect on 2 or 3 files i have. The async .MKV comes with a AC3 5.1 audiostream and plays fine on my PC. But as soon as i´m "streaming" them/it to the PS3, it´s slightly async. To be sure it´s nothing about my network, i´ve tried several other .mkvs i have. Some of them have a DTS audiostream too and they are absoluteley fine! Any chance to figure out how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

You can try checking (or unchecking) A/V sync alternative method, but I'm not sure this will matter when using tsMuxeR (which I'm guessing you're using w/ your mkv's).
Jagged

Postby Rorschach » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi,

i already tried out the two different methods. No difference at all ... :(
Rorschach

Postby shagrath » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 pm

some mkvs comes with an slight audio delay... if you are muxing only the files, this is not supported... disable the switch to tsmuxer option if this is the case to force a full transcode
also, seeking can introduce lipsync sometimes... I use the goto icon on XMB in those cases
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Rorschach » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:12 pm

shagrath wrote:some mkvs comes with an slight audio delay... if you are muxing only the files, this is not supported... disable the switch to tsmuxer option if this is the case to force a full transcode
also, seeking can introduce lipsync sometimes... I use the goto icon on XMB in those cases

Hi,

how can i determine and/or kinda "fix" the slight audio delay by hand? I´m ALWAYS muxing the file to the ps3, because i have no interest in watching them on my notebook.
Rorschach

Return to General Help and Support