No Renderers found?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No Renderers found?

Postby Charlie Mcfarlie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey guys!

I've recently moved up to the 100meg with Virgin and now have their Home Hub, since that was installed i've noticed that when i hardwire my PS3 up to it the PS3 Media server doesn't work. I've come in tonight and wirelessly tried to steam tv shows but when i start the Media Server up it doesn't show up on the PS3 and i have the large red circle with the X in the middle. I've un-installed it and dl'd the latest version and still nothing, btw everything ran ok before this hub was fitted.

I've also noticed that windows media server isn't showing on the PS and also on the PS3 Media Server my Xbox360 isn't there any more!

Now everything worked when i had this Home Hub fitted but now it seems everything else has stopped working! we have 3 iPhones in the house and all seem to be working over the net, my daughter's laptop connect's A OK to the net also.

Sorry if this post is a bit confusing but thx for any help if possible!
Charlie Mcfarlie

Re: No Renderers found?

Postby Val Killmore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby xchurchyx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi mate ive been having the same error message and the red cross and was pulling my hair out, the same thing happened for me after virgin gave me a superhub.
heres what i did.

I first hard wired my ps3 to the superhub.
I then loged in to vigin superhub and made sure that the forward porting was enabled. heres the superhub ip link 192.168.0.1 admin is the user name, password is change me.
I then uninstalled ps3 media server software of my windows 7 laptop and then installed the latest version of ps3 media server v1.52.0, link below

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio ... server.cfm

I then made sure media share was enabled under network setting on my ps3.
I then turned on ps3 and then ran ps3 media server, at first it said same message but after about 15 seconds it finds ps3 and comes up with a picture of a black ps3 slim rather than a red cross.
Copying files from laptop works fine now.
hope this helps mate.
xchurchyx

Postby grim596 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 am

hi guys.

Just registered so i can post this.
I was having this issue for a few hours and was working at it constantly, playing with router setting and Media server settings.
Finally i moved onto firewall settings, I had task manager opened to processes window and just happened to notice the process for PMS was called JAVAW.EXE, moving onto firewall, i allowed a program named
"Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" through and restarted PMS, what do you know, all of my renderers that were not showing up before were exactly where they were supposed to be.. showing up in PMS Status window.

Hope this helps people who have this issue in future.

You should know, I think I accidentally didn't allow the program through during the install which immediately blacklisted it for good, the above is the fix.

I also realise this might not be completely related to your issue as yours could be to do with your router, I just found this thread while searching google, so i hope other people do the same
grim596

Postby Val Killmore » Tue May 01, 2012 12:56 pm

grim596 wrote:hi guys.

Just registered so i can post this.
I was having this issue for a few hours and was working at it constantly, playing with router setting and Media server settings.
Finally i moved onto firewall settings, I had task manager opened to processes window and just happened to notice the process for PMS was called JAVAW.EXE, moving onto firewall, i allowed a program named
"Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" through and restarted PMS, what do you know, all of my renderers that were not showing up before were exactly where they were supposed to be.. showing up in PMS Status window.

Hope this helps people who have this issue in future.

You should know, I think I accidentally didn't allow the program through during the install which immediately blacklisted it for good, the above is the fix.

I also realise this might not be completely related to your issue as yours could be to do with your router, I just found this thread while searching google, so i hope other people do the same

You do realize that what you wrote here is in the link I provided ?

A software firewall is blocking javaw.exe (and wrapper.exe if running as a Windows service) from binding to the port
Open the firewall settings and make sure the .exe's are allowed or the specific port is open

There's a reason it's the best connection checklist on this forum and other users went thru the trouble to create it.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Return to General Help and Support