M4V files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

M4V files

Postby tecweston » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello everyone. I installed PS3 Media Server so I could play iTunes movies/TV shows on my TV, but it appears that it won't play anything but MOV files.

When in my iTunes Library folder, none of the folders will open except for "Movies," in which I have only .mov files. Those play correctly, but it is the only folder within the iTunes Library that will open. None of the mp3 folders will open, which is fine because I wouldn't expect mp3s to open anyway.

My problem is I want to open something within the "TV shows" folder. It shows two folders inside it with two different TV shows. Both folders contain m4v files and neither will open.
tecweston

Re: M4V files

Postby meskibob » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:10 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby tecweston » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Okay, so they were in the ninth level of folders, so that's why they weren't being read by the PS3, since it has an eight-folder maximum.

I copied all the files to my "Videos" folder, closer to the top level. Now the PS3 can open all the files, but it says "file is corrupted" for each one. They open fine on my computer.
tecweston

Postby meskibob » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:21 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
Do they contain DRM? If so, you won't be able to play them.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby tecweston » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:47 am

I got them off iTunes, so... yes? I dunno. Are iTunes TV shows DRM'd up?
tecweston

Postby GLORIA » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 pm

tecweston wrote:I got them off iTunes, so... yes? I dunno. Are iTunes TV shows DRM'd up?

Yeah, many Movie TV Shows from iTunes have drm protection that can not play on non-apple device, you may need a m4v converter to bypass this protection
GLORIA

Return to General Help and Support