Background sound & effects but NO VOICE on MKV files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Background sound & effects but NO VOICE on MKV files

Postby crossover24 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi,

I have been using PMS for almost 3 yrs now and this is the first time Ive encountered this playing MKV files. All other formats, video and audio work ok except for MKV.

All MKV files I play has video, background and effects sounds coming out perfectly but when the character speaks, no voice can be heard? Im using a Samsung 5.1 HT setup w/ DTS/DD5.1/AAC support connected to my ps3 via optical. Ive searched the net but cant find any solution and tried tweaking every setting but still wont work. Maybe there's something I've missed? Im using the PMS 1.31.0 beta version now.

Hope someone can shed light on this as i do not want to encode all of my mkv's just to watch it on ps3, i've never been used to encoding because of PMS eversince i got a PS3. Thanks!
crossover24

Re: Background sound & effects but NO VOICE on MKV files

Postby loriscastagnoli » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:24 pm

I had the same problem. My audio equipment is different: audio analogic (2 channels stereo) from PS3 to a Dolby Pro Logic analogic processor. I heard all sounds but no voice. I resolved it changing transcoding setting in PMS deactivating "DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux
loriscastagnoli

Return to General Help and Support