Subtitles incorrectly displaying "l" as "I"

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitles incorrectly displaying "l" as "I"

Postby Audioboxer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 am

Hello, using Subjunk build 33.

For whatever reason, the letter "l" seems to be appearing as an "I" as seen with "chiId" and "I'II". The subtitles appear fine on the PC. This happens with almost every word that uses the letter "l".

Any idea? :?:

Thanks
Audioboxer

Re: Subtitles incorrectly displaying "l" as "I"

Postby Sachka » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Well, that is because your srt file is actually written like that, Can you even spot the difference in this (your) topic title? The font is what makes the difference, since subrip uses OCR to convert images to text it does it automatically so it doesn't know if it's an I or an L and that's how your srt file was made so... As a solution I suggest to change your subtitle font for one that uses l as an I or use ms office correction and correct each word from your srt file! (drop it in a note pad and you will see the truth)
Sachka

Postby Leopardi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Sachka wrote:Well, that is because your srt file is actually written like that, Can you even spot the difference in this (your) topic title? The font is what makes the difference, since subrip uses OCR to convert images to text it does it automatically so it doesn't know if it's an I or an L and that's how your srt file was made so... As a solution I suggest to change your subtitle font for one that uses l as an I or use ms office correction and correct each word from your srt file! (drop it in a note pad and you will see the truth)

So how do I change the font? I don't see any setting for fontname. The subtitles are fine on VLC player with arial font name so how do I change it to arial?
Leopardi

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:25 pm

I don't remember where it's at in the GUI, but it should be here in the conf file - https://github.com/ps3mediaserver/ps3me ... .conf#L661
If you need additional assistance, please start a new thread as this is an old thread.
Note: it'd be better to actually get a proper subtitle file or correct the one you have.
Thread locked.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support