[Solved] How to keep the correct track order?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

[Solved] How to keep the correct track order?

Postby Psydux » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Hello, this programme looks great!

However, I'm having trouble keeping the right order of the tracks in one of my albums.
They are all correctly tagged, I do it very thoroughly.
Yet, for some reason, track #10 keeps being shown as the second song of the album.
I tried to cut and paste the songs one after the other in the right order and re-scan my folder, but no results!

Could you guys help me?

Thank you, and sorry if my English's not perfect.

Psydux
Last edited by Psydux on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psydux

Re: How to keep the correct track order?

Postby shagrath » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 pm

browsed in the classic folder view, or in the media library folders ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Psydux » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm

It is browsed in the classic folder view. I can't figure out why it keeps changing the order... :x
If it can be of any help, the problem also occurs with other streaming programs, such as Tversity.
Psydux

Postby shagrath » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Psydux wrote:It is browsed in the classic folder view. I can't figure out why it keeps changing the order... :x
If it can be of any help, the problem also occurs with other streaming programs, such as Tversity.

tracks order are not taken into account in the classic view, only in media library folders fiew
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Psydux » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Well, thank you for the tip! I re-scanned everything, for the hundredth time and it finally worked.
Psydux

Re: [Solved] How to keep the correct track order?

Postby MilkyJoe7 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm having the same issue.... in the media library view ONLY. Files are tagged correctly, but still persist in appearing in the wrong order. Any ideas? Would appreciate it very much.

(Tried re-scanning, re-initialising and re-installing... no luck :( )
MilkyJoe7

Postby Psydux » Fri May 29, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah, I found sth...Eureka! :D use a tag-editing program such as Mp3Tag (any other will do) and make sure to assign the track numbers as follows:
01. xty
02. uyt
03. etc...

The zero (01) is extremely important! Don't ask me why. But it works every time. Hope it'll help!

Cheers!
Psydux

Postby Uridium » Fri May 29, 2009 9:58 am

Psydux wrote:Yeah, I found sth...Eureka! :D use a tag-editing program such as Mp3Tag (any other will do) and make sure to assign the track numbers as follows:
01. xty
02. uyt
03. etc...

The zero (01) is extremely important! Don't ask me why. But it works every time. Hope it'll help!

Cheers!

It works beacuse the PS3 like many other MP3 players ignores the track number ID3 tag and simply uses the track name tag to play them alphabetically. Adding 01, 02, 03 etc.. to the front of the track name tag makes the tracks appear alpabetically.

Best tagging program i have found for this is a free Java app named "Jtagger" has lots of control options for editing you tags and will allow you to coreect them all an album at a time.
Uridium

Postby MilkyJoe7 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:18 am

Jtagger is a very nice program indeed, thanks for that.

However, my tracks are already named in this way.

In folder view on the PS3, the files are in the correct order.

In media library, they aren't.

For example, on album "The Eraser", track 9 "Cymbal Rush" appear before track 8 "Harrowdown Hill"... even though Harrowdown Hill has 08 as a filename prefix AND is tagged as track 8. The other track is prefixed 09 and is taged as such.

Any ideas....? :?
MilkyJoe7

Postby Psydux » Fri May 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Did you re-scan after renaming them? I guess you did, but just in case...
If that still doesn't work, try adding the first seven ones and re-scan them, then add the ninth and re-scan...I doubt it'll change anything. I'm amost 100% sure it has something to do with the 0 before the title in the name. Keep us posted :)
Psydux

Return to General Help and Support