Wired connection

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Wired connection

Postby panyo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:46 pm

I'd like to ask if it's possible to have wireless internet connection with the PS3 and make wired media server connection. I've tried to make it work but the media server only wanted to connect to my wireless device. I want to make the wired connection with a D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.C). If there is any solution please let me know. Thanks in advance!
panyo

Re: Wired connection

Postby meskibob » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 pm

I believe the PS3 can only use one NIC at any given time, so you'll need to change the network connection settings on the PS3 to Wired for when you want to use the media server and then back to Wireless for all your WAN needs (games, PS store, etc).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby panyo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm

That's what I feard of' :? Thanks for the fast reply! :P
panyo

Postby meskibob » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Well, you could always try using the computer as a hub for the PS3 and pass the internet access through to it.
If you're on Windows you should just have to open up Network Connections, open the Properties window for the NIC that's accessing the router, go to the Advanced tab, and then check "Allow other users to connnect through this computer's internet connection".
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby panyo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:39 pm

I knew that method but I don't want to use the PC for internet access. For that, my wireless router is better (for me at least :P ) But thanks for the advice!
panyo

Return to General Help and Support