Advice on 'Radios with VLC' option under the 'Web' folder?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Advice on 'Radios with VLC' option under the 'Web' folder?

Postby leklausm » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm

I have searched the forums because I thought that other folks would be asking about this, but found nothing so far. It appears that one can stream podcasts/shoutcasts/radio stations by clicking the Web folder on your ps3, and theres some options like french radio and smooth jazz (which work). I installed the app 'VLC Player' and tried to set up its http streaming system, but my ps3 still has no way to discover anything else under the Web folder, even when I add things to my Playlist in the VLC Player. Are other folks somehow connecting PMS to the VLC app and then allowing it to be served up from the PC to ps3? Or is it something to do with a certain file in the PMS software you have to edit (I saw refs to this in the forum posts)?
leklausm

Re: Advice on 'Radios with VLC' option under the 'Web' folder

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Edit the WEB.conf file in the PMS install directory. There are plenty of other threads with examples of different web streams (primarily here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31) and what to enter into the file.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support