No more subititles options?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No more subititles options?

Postby megagold5 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 am

Hi, I was just wondering what has changed since 1.04 to make it so that, under the #Transcoded folder, options for different subtitle tracks no longer show. The various audio tracks still show, but I am no longer getting, for example,
audio: eng subs: eng
audio: eng subs: jap

This is a bit annoying as I can no longer choose which subtitles to use via this method, which I thought to be very useful.
This is using mencoder of course.
Thanks.

Note: I have not included stuff from '[IMPORTANT] Before reporting a problem' because I do not believe that it is necassary for this.
megagold5

Re: No more subititles options?

Postby shagrath » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

if the media library is activated, try to reset it and retry... sometimes the parsing is not complete
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby megagold5 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, but I do not use the media library.
megagold5

Postby megagold5 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Ok, so it seems that it only happens with some MKV files, ones with embedded subtitles. Some MKV files do show the subtitle options, whereas other do not. Although they all did in version 1.04. Thanks.
megagold5

Postby klaasie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 pm

We are streaming HD movies (ao MKV) to the PS3. We never find subtitles at mkv-film, so we add a .srt-file to the same folder, rename it exactly as the film itself and even than no subtitles available. What is the problem????? can anybody help us out. We use PMS v. 1.10.1, the PS3 is cabled
klaasie

Postby megagold5 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Ok, I think I might have figured out what my problem is. All the files which do not show up as having sibtitles on the PS3 have their subs as vobsubs (according to SUPER, the codec id is 'S_VOBSUB'). As fas as I can see, all other subtitle types work, it is just files with these vobsub subtitles. Should they work? Or are these not supported yet? Thanks.
megagold5

Postby shagrath » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:28 pm

megagold5 wrote:Ok, I think I might have figured out what my problem is. All the files which do not show up as having sibtitles on the PS3 have their subs as vobsubs (according to SUPER, the codec id is 'S_VOBSUB'). As fas as I can see, all other subtitle types work, it is just files with these vobsub subtitles. Should they work? Or are these not supported yet? Thanks.

yes, forgot about those... vobsub are not supported with the default mencoder engine, unfortunately... you have to use the avisynth engine
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby megagold5 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:50 pm

I see, thanks alot. Please say if they ever do become supported, as AviSynth takes too long to process for me to use really and often has A/V sync problems. :/
megagold5

Return to General Help and Support