File finding problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

File finding problem

Postby alphabeta777 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:13 am

Hello, I have just tried using the PS3 Media Server today and it works great, even when transcoding my video files into a compatible format for the PS3.

However, I have encountered a problem. I'm not sure whether it's just a problem with my program or whether it has also happened before.

My problem is that the PS3 can't see inside certain folders through the PS3 Media Server.

I have found that past the 7th level of folder, it cannot view/play files inside that folder, or open that folder at all.

For example, this is how far the PS3 Media Server allows me to go when browsing on the PS3:
C:\Users\Myname\Desktop\AFolder\BFolder\CFolder

If there are folders in "CFolder", such as a hypothetical "DFolder" I can see them, but I can't open them. I can play files in "CFolder", but because I can't get inside "DFolder" I can't play any files in it or go further. On my PS3, when I select "DFolder", nothing happens at all. It makes the click noise but sits there and does nothing. I can open all folders and play all files below this 7th level of folder.

I have also tested this. I copied a video file and put it in different levels of folders and it was able to be seen and played at all levels, except when past the "CFolder" level. I also made a folder and put some videos inside it and put this folder in different levels of folders. Once again, it was able to be seen, opened and played at all levels, except when the folder resided inside the "CFolder" level. Here, I was able to see the folder name, but was unable to use the PS3 to get inside the folder and play the files.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.
alphabeta777

Re: File finding problem

Postby shagrath » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 am

shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support