Support for chunked transfer mode

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Support for chunked transfer mode

Postby Anders » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 am

First of all thx for a great product :-)

It seems that a lot of newer dlna products require chuncked file transfer.
It also seems that the chunk sizes vary, for instance my LG BX580 ask's for a smaller chunk first then bigger chunk's afterwards.
Im not sure if this is a dlna.org approved standard, but supporting it would be nice considering how many products appear to be using it.

here is another example of the same issue:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6930&start=10

Keep up the good work :)
Anders

Re: Support for chunked transfer mode

Postby WorldOfHurt » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 pm

The author has rolled the chunked-transfer patches I supplied into the trunk now, so if you build the latest release you will get it...

Simples

:)
WorldOfHurt

Postby ExSport » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Author...who?
I don't think it is Shagrath because I don't see your patch in trunk
Thanks for info
ExSport

Postby WorldOfHurt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:03 am

Oops... sorry, my mistake. I thought it went in r413.

I must have misread the change list. :oops:
WorldOfHurt

Postby Anders » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I could not find any r413 release. Is a new release coming or do i need to compile one myself?
If i need to compile one myself i would most likely require help considering the fact that i have never done anything like it before?
Anders

Postby WorldOfHurt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 pm

r413 is a subversion source code version so yes, you would have to build it yourself. Although as I said in my previous post, it doesn't actually fix the problem from the topic title - that was a mistake on my part.

If you do want to build it, I believe there are some instructions in the source code if you have never done it before.

In a nutshell: you need to install subversion, a JDK (if you don't already have one) and ant, then check out the code and follow the instructions to run the ant script. If you didn't understand any part of that sentence, you have a bit of research to do ;)
WorldOfHurt

Postby meskibob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 am

There are also a couple of How To's linked in the first post of the tutorial thread for how to compile on Windows (7) and a few different flavors of Linux - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Anders » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am

With the guide i think compiling should be pretty simple seems very similar to compiling the simpler things in Linux.

But where can i find the "Chunked transfer mode" patch if it is not included in the offical beta source packages?
Anders

Postby WorldOfHurt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 am

Original patch is in this thread

I believe it was also rolled into the Community Build, but that also includes a raft of other changes as well.
WorldOfHurt

Postby Anders » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi

I just tried compiling a version on my own based on the latest available source. At the moment its the same problem i try to stream a file and my LG BX580 crashes if I try to transcode a file it just hangs for a while returnening with a network error message. I will try some more but it appears that the method of "chunked transfer mode" implemented with my LG player wont work with this patch. I have checked the logs and from what i can see it seams that the patch was installed correctley.
Anders

Next

Return to Feature Suggestions