Ablilty to link through shortcuts

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Ablilty to link through shortcuts

Postby Subject2Change » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:24 am

Not sure if this possible or not in its current state, however if it would be possible to link through shortcuts instead of the actual file. This idea is only stemmed off the idea of trying to organize my media into categories mainly this is for my movies as i'd like to be able to say create a bunch of different sub categories and place shortcuts of movie titles in them so if I want a comedy film I can go there and get it however would like to only use short cuts in these folders and create a central base of the movies in a single folder incase a movie has multiple categories ie a Comedy and Drama movie that doesn't just fit into one category. Thanks.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Re: Ablilty to link through shortcuts

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:29 am

Isn't this the point of playlists, which PMS already supports?
Note: there are issues with how some programs create their m3u's, but I believe successful ones have been listed in the some of the "playlist" threads...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Ablilty to link through shortcuts

Postby Subject2Change » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Didn't even think of that, this was more of just a quick thought for me in regards to better organization of my files and not needing to scroll through 400 movies or so to find something in the letter X or whatever at the very bottom. I was considering doing folders of A-E, F-J, etc but iuno. I'll see how the playlist idea works out.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Return to Feature Suggestions