Adjusting audio sync to image through ps3

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Adjusting audio sync to image through ps3

Postby Fridaybrew » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Thank you for such a great app!

What im missing is to controll the audio sync output. if i look at a movie from the start audio and image is synced. but if i jump into the middle of a movie the sync is off. I'd like to be able to adjust for this when it does occur.
Also it would be good to adjust for delays due to how one has connected all ones cables to the home audio system.
If it were like the jump to function but instead adjusting the audio back or fort in miliseconds.

Since its not a permanent delay i'd like it to be controlled from the ps3 if possible at all, so i dont have to run through the house to the pc and fix it there.

I have no skills in programming so i have no idea of how big of deal this would be to solve. How ever it would really ad value to the entire app in my opinion =)

/fridaybrew
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 |16 GB Aeneon DDR2-800 CL2.5 RAM | Western Digital VelociRaptor - 300GB 10000rpm 16MB | 4 x Samsung SpinPoint - 1TB 7200rpm 32MB | PS3 with Samsung Spinpoint M6S HM500LI - 500GB 5400rpm 8MB 2.5zoll - SATA300 | Samsung LE 52 A766
Fridaybrew

Re: Adjusting audio sync to image through ps3

Postby bim » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:53 pm

I second that. It would be very nice to be able to adjust a/v sync.
For me it would be enough to give an amount of milliseconds in ps3 media server, as my tv has a lot of lag
(for which I cannot fully compensate with my receiver, because it is more than 100 ms).

Thanks a lot for the program.
bim

Postby Hypertoken » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 am

I can understand why the need for audio sync...many of my files have audio sync problems, the ability to shift audio either forward or backwards would be nice.

I love this program!
Hypertoken

Postby lgierke » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 am

This feature would be greatly appreciated!
lgierke

Postby Wizu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Indeed! Still have sync problems with every ISO file.
Wizu

Postby tickleusknee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 am

Adding audio time shift to this app would be a little like taking your favourite lolly and giving it the mother of all Wonka makeovers!!

In the hope that there's always room for improvement, even when you're already dealing with perfection... ;)
tickleusknee

Postby Triplefun » Tue May 19, 2009 10:12 am

Yes, a great application; VLC allows audio sync in +/- 50ms jumps using hot keys. Would be great if this functionality could be integrated into PMS and activated using one of the PS3 remote's keys eg. red, blue
Triplefun

Postby Topguy » Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Triplefun wrote:Yes, a great application; VLC allows audio sync in +/- 50ms jumps using hot keys. Would be great if this functionality could be integrated into PMS and activated using one of the PS3 remote's keys eg. red, blue

I have forwarded your request to Sony PS3 firmware department, hold your breath for a reply.... ;)
Topguy

Postby ParanoidESE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi, This is a great bit of software I must say. I am getting a problem...I watch avi files and DVD files etc through the ps3 media server. I have googled numerous solutions to the audio / video sync problem and nothing works. My films are OK until about halfway through and then they go out of sync. Is there a way of changing the audio delay whilst watching the film on the ps3? It would be great if there was a way.
ParanoidESE

Return to Feature Suggestions