iPhone / iPad Streaming

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

iPhone / iPad Streaming

Postby edrikk » Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I've read all of the iPhone streaming requests (with realtime transcoding)...

AirVideo does an INCREDIBLE job at this... 1080p videos stream right away, with transcoding on the fly (server side).

All they use is ffmpeg and Apple's segmenter... I'm just wondering if it can be incorporated into PS3Media Server?

Here is a page that outlines the exact ffmpeg and segmenter commands:

http://blog.niamu.com/1080p-video-on-the-ipad-sort-of/

For example, for iPad (which supports higher resolution):

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -acodec libmp3lame -b 128kb -vcodec libx264 -vpre hq -vb 2500 -s 1280x720 -f mpegts - | mediastreamsegmenter -O -b http://192.168.0.2/stream/temp -f /stream/temp/ -t 10 -s 4 -D

Any thoughts guys?
edrikk

Re: iPhone / iPad Streaming

Postby paulmartin483 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 am

I was saw that. It was wondering that command was so worked on that iphone. I was also tried on my iphone. It was cool. But I wish that It will also work fine on PS3 media server.
paulmartin483

Postby adamprocter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am

incorporating iPad/iPhone devices into PS3 media server would be fantasic, rather than installing a media server for every device ! I have also seen this one (not tried either yet)
http://tv.weblite.ca/index.html
adamprocter

Postby c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi,
i have a Ps3, a Samsung LE32C650 and iPhone4 / iPad aviable...

First i was using PS3MS for the PS3 and Serviio for the Samsung. Now i created Profil for my Samsung and it works fine with my MKV Files.

I like to have only one Media Server running, so it would be great if the PS3MS will Support streaming to Apple Devices ...

Thanks a lot!
c-o-m-m-a-n-d-e-r

Postby grolschie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 am

+1 for iPhone etc support. :-)
grolschie

Postby WWEntity » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 am

+1 more. I have a 2G,3G,3GS,iPhone4,iPad and MacBook Pro...and I'm a windows guy. lmao. anyways, This would be great, as airVideo works but nothin beats ps3ms. and another +1 for running only one ms. how i love xbmc but my asus cant even see it half the time. and when it does it doesnt play nice.
WWEntity

Postby dummy_user » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:56 am

with airplayer I could connect to pms out of the box :)
I've created a custom renderer configuration, where I've set all common extension (mkv, avi etc) to be streamed. All video start playing but stutter and lag (no suprise there for HD material...). Maybe a tuned renderer config would make it work nicely!?
is taconaut again
dummy_user

Postby godfader » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Could you share your renderer conf?
godfader

Postby DeFlanko » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:50 am

:geek:
OK i've been a fly on the wall here for a while now, and been doing some "all-hyped-up-on-caffeen-DLNA-media-render" searching...

Here is what ive found for the iPhone:

AppStore

SmartStor Fusion Stream - works on iPhone and iPad, able to see the PS3 media server but cant play any files:
[New I/O server worker #2-4] INFO  20:00:03.098 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent: CyberGarage-HTTP/1.0
[New I/O server worker #2-2] INFO  20:00:21.798 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent: Fusion%20Stream/1.0 CFNetwork/485.12.7 Darwin/10.4.0

Note: AVI's and MKVs fail, and MP4's take for ever to load.
[New I/O server worker #2-4] INFO  20:26:37.442 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.8C148a (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en_us)

MediaConnect - Works but have to in-app pay for video..(dont know for sure how much) boo on that dude...
[New I/O server worker #2-3] INFO  19:54:43.627 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent: iPhoneOS/4.2.1, UPnP/1.1, MediaConnect/1.0

AirPlay - there wasnt a "free to try" version so i didnt bother, im assuming it works...
Image::EDIT::Image
I broke down and bought this app, so far for 5 Bucks.. it was worth it,and it works very well... that 5 Bucks will also cover the iPAD version as well. This is my app of choice.... so far....

Cydia

........Nothing.....ohh and nothing in Installous too...

Very sad about ... well unless there is a repo that i dont know of...

Android

For some reason my android phone shows up as "Popcorn Hour" ??!?
Tried the following and all the same....

aMedia Control - *
UPnPlay - Reviews from users say it works with PS3 Media Server, and requires external video support via third party apps - *

* sees PS3 media server and all folders.. but never plays any video...
ps3 media server stuck on Serving "video" but never transcode buffers or anything...

Note i can stream AUDIO like an mp3 no problem... weird... but not video.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

iPhone is 4.2.1 Jailbroken on T-Mobile.
Android is a LG-P509 "LG Optimus"

So i ask the community what... REALLY... works?

is there a iPhone.conf that i dont know about? If so why hasnt it made its way into a build...
What about the Android.conf, how can i get that to work?

So confused...

DeFlanko
Developed a few CONF files...
DeFlanko

Postby paulmadejong » Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

I've bought Airplayer and it finds my PS3 MediaServer. Some folder are unable to load though (many files included, especially mkv's). But when I load an MKV or M2TS, audio and video are way out of sync, both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. My server runs on an i3 540 with 2GB's of RAM. Everything run's fine on my PS3 but streaming to iOS devices is just laggy. Reading the stories of others makes me think I have a problem with my settings, any ideas?
paulmadejong

Next

Return to Feature Suggestions