DTS audio to S/PDIF with UPnP - working file!

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: DTS audio to S/PDIF with UPnP - working file!

Postby meskibob » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Takke wrote:Just get the static, and yes, I have checked the volyme on the PS3 :)
Did you also check that the "audio option" is set to "L+R" in the playback menu?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Andrew-ACT » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 am

wjo wrote:If anyone's interested here a link to the small file (~40MB): http://xnk.nu/dts/Logo-DTS.VOB I don't have enough time to pull it apart completely at the moment to see if there are any extra things to think about, but it seems that if the output stream to the PS3 can contain a Linear PCM soundtrack it should be possible to trick the S/PDIF connected receivers to play DTS. It probably won't work for HDMI connected receivers, but there the linear PCM transcoding would give good results anyway.

Back to the request part: It would be really nice (if this scheme works for HD video sources) to be able to choose not only the DTS to linear PCM transcoding but also have the possibility to remux the DTS stream into what looks like a linear 2-ch 48kHz stream (DTS data needs to be padded out to the full 1500kbps bandwidth allocated for the audio).

Do you know of any utilities that will remux the DTS into a linear 2-channel 48KHz stream? I have used the latest version of the ps3mediaserver, and it works great, but I'd really like to create a standalone file with this transcoding already in place.
Andrew-ACT

Postby marco275 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:55 am

I just tried the "Logo-DTS.vob file and it works fine for me.

I Have a pioneer VSX-C501
marco275

Previous

Return to Feature Suggestions