'Play Next' / Playlist

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

'Play Next' / Playlist

Postby gk0r » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi !

Allow me to begin by saying awesome work on the development of this amasing application ! :D :D

My Request:
A function to 'Play Next' file in the given folder that I have not seen yet. For example, I have 25 TV episodes of Battlestar Galactica which I enjoy watching through my playstation and your wonderful application. I am up to episode 13, but because I watch so many of them, I always lose track of 'which one am I up to?' :D

You can imagine, if you have 4 shows that you follow, it can become difficult to keep track of what you have seen, and what you have not.

I would love if the application has kept track, on folder by folder basis - of the files I have watched, and ones I have not. When I invoke the 'Play Next' function, it will play next file (files are typically ordered, in the case of the TV shows, so you do not have to worry about sorting) that I have not seen.

How does that sound?

I hope you give it a strong consideration.

Keep up the great work :!: :!: :!:

Big fan,
gk0r
:mrgreen:
gk0r

Re: 'Play Next' / Playlist

Postby gk0r » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Uh :oops:

I scanned all the threads in this forum, and did a quick search on 'play next' and 'playlist' to come up with nothing - so I thought brilliant, nobody asked for this yet... alas, there is something similar that is being requested here: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14.

While not exactly the same thing, it serves a similar purpose, being able to easily get to the content you have not yet seen with little effort and no reliance on memory. Perhaps both of these requests could be considered in parallel (or if mine is seen as more important I am happy with that) :geek: :geek:

Once again, sorry to spam the forums, keep up the great work :!: :!:
gk0r

Postby utschebebbes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,
'play next' is a feature of PS3 which works also when streaming with PMS.
You have to enable sequential playback in your PS3 at the video settings.
A playlist did never work for me, neither with Tversity,mediaplayer, etc...
This seem to work only when the files are locally stored on he HDD of the PS3.
please correct me, if i´m wrong.

utschebebbes
utschebebbes

Postby B4tm4n » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:56 am

utschebebbes wrote:Hi,
'play next' is a feature of PS3 which works also when streaming with PMS.
You have to enable sequential playback in your PS3 at the video settings.
A playlist did never work for me, neither with Tversity,mediaplayer, etc...
This seem to work only when the files are locally stored on he HDD of the PS3.
please correct me, if i´m wrong.

utschebebbes

The "Play Next" feature also works over a network, aslong as the media is "PS3 Freindly".
B4tm4n

Postby BimmerGuy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:00 pm

So there is no way to use this feature while transcoding ?

I can use this while streaming PS3 Friendly media with PMS, however whenever I transcode it's not possible.

It would be great to be able to have Gapless transcoding playback for the WHOLE folder with like 30 TV Episodes in it.

Please advice !
BimmerGuy

Postby meskibob » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 pm

I don't think it applies to just "PS3 Friendly" files, but to any files that are in the same folder. I've noticed if I force a file type to always transcode (say avi since I have a bunch with H264 and subs and not many others that just stream normally), then I get "gapless" playback between one file and the next, even though they are being transcoded.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby BimmerGuy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 am

meskibob wrote:I don't think it applies to just "PS3 Friendly" files, but to any files that are in the same folder. I've noticed if I force a file type to always transcode (say avi since I have a bunch with H264 and subs and not many others that just stream normally), then I get "gapless" playback between one file and the next, even though they are being transcoded.

You are a genious man, I tried to enable the force transcoding option for all avi files and play a folder that wouldn't play just by streaming and it worked. Instead of having all the files in seperate folders (like in the Transcode folder) which what made it impossible to have Gapless playback in the first place, all files were in the same folder and I can now use the Skip and Previous functions as well as have a continuous playback while Transcoding.

Thank you for you help ! :)
BimmerGuy

Return to Feature Suggestions