Spofify support

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Spofify support

Postby pezmannen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi

This is my first post at this forum. So first, thanks for a fantastic application! Now to my request :)

I'm a heavy spofify user and it would be great to be able to stream this to the PS3 (or any other audio that is played on my computer). So what I want is the ability to "intercept" the audio going to my computer speakers and send it to my PS3

Thanks!
pezmannen

Re: Spofify support

Postby Pacs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 am

What is Spofify? I googled it and got a lot of Chinese characters. Unless you mean Spotify? If then by "intercept" you'd either want the stream to be able to go to the PS3. My understanding is that Spotify is still beta so that might be hard to intertwine.
Pacs

Postby pezmannen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes, sorry. Of course i meant Spotify. But what i meant was also that it would be great to be able to stream any audio from your computer to the ps3
pezmannen

Postby Pacs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:07 am

I'm not sure I know exactly how Spotify works. Does it only Stream audio and not download it? I can't get into the beta because I live in the United States.
Pacs

Postby EnDumEn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Pasted from http://www.playstation-3.se. In swedish:

Nu vet jag hur man gör för att streama t.ex spotify,itunes ja vilket ljud somhelst från datorn.
1:Se till att du har pms, jag kör 1.04
2: Ladda ner detta program http://www.nch.com.au/streaming/bwsetup.exe samt installera. Detta är en server. Det kommer med lite mer ljudprogram. Avinstallera allt utom Broadwave..
3:Öppna programmet och sätt på någon låt via valfritt program. Förhoppningsvis ser du en grön ljudmätare som härjar lite. Då vet du att programmet får in ljudet. Om inte se nedan.
4:Klicka på knappen det står connect på. Då kommer det upp en internetsida med lite adresser på. Under Broadwave Live 1 kopierar du adressen som står bakom Broadband Stream.
5:Öppna filen WEB.conf(med anteckningar) som finns i din pms-mapp. Sedan under Shoutcast lägger du in en rad som ser ut såhär:
audiostream.Web,Radios=Min egna,din adress du kopierat
spara inställningarna i WEB.conf
6:Starta om alla program, i värsta fall datorn(ifall din nya kanal inte syns på ps3)
7: Allt är nu klart!Program som måste vara igång på datorn när du kör är-Broadwave,pms samt t.ex spotify
Jag fick ingen grön mätare i broadwave :(
Då öppnar du broadwave, går in i options/live/edit stream. På device väljer du ditt ljudkort. Klicka sedan open volume control. Klicka sedan alternativ/egenskaper och bocka för inspelning, sedan ok. Sedan sätter du en bock under wave och drar upp volymen. Sen ska det funka!
Jag får jättelåg volym :(
Se ovan hur man ökar volymen

Hoppas detta funkar för er, det funkar för mig iaf. Notera även att det kommer vara ca 10 sekunder fördröjning mellan dator och ps3 men det spelar ingen roll

Google translated:
Now I know how to stream eg spotify, itunes yes the sound somhelst from the computer.
1: Make sure you have PMS, I run 1.04
2: Download this program http://www.nch.com.au/streaming/bwsetup.exe and install. This is a server. It comes with a little more audio applications. Uninstall everything except Broad Wave ..
3: Open the application and turn on any song by any application. Hopefully you will see a green audio meters raging little. Then you know that the program receives the sound. If not see below.
4: Click the button that says connect to. Then there a website with some addresses in the. In Broad Wave Live 1, copy the URL behind Broadband Stream.
5: Open the Web.config file (with notes) that are in your PMS folder. Since the Shoutcast you place a line that looks like this:
audiostream.Web, Radios = My own, your address you copied
save the settings in the Web.config
6: Restart the program, in the worst case the computer (if your new channel does not appear on the ps3)
7: Everything is now ready! Program which must be running on your computer when you run the Broad-Wave, such as PMS and spotify
I had no green meter in broad wave: (
Then open the broad wave, enter options / live / edit stream. On the device, select your sound card. Then click open volume control. Then click options / properties and check the recording, then ok. Then, insert a tick in the wave and pull up the volume. Then it should work!
I may jättelåg volume: (
See above how to increase the volume

Hope this works for you, it works for me IAF. Note also that there will be about 10 seconds delay between the computer and the ps3 but it does not matter
PS3 80gb | PSP-2000 | PS-42S5H | Onkyo TX-SR605 | DTB-P850V | DIR-655 | Harmony 785 | iPhone 3G |
EnDumEn

Postby Topguy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm

A good tip, it works quite well. Considering that this is compressed music, decompressed by spotify, compressed again by broadwave and then decompressed at last by PMS.

Some comments:
- Set the bitrate as high as possible in Broadwave Options. 256kbs
- Start with all related volume controls at 50%
- In Spotify
- Wave ( or PCM ) - in Volume Control
- Stereo Mix - in Recording Control ( This is what the recording channel for outgoing sound is called in my sound-driver.)

I believe these settings will produce quite decent sound quality.
Topguy

Postby pezmannen » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 pm

And how great wouldn't this to have build in to PS3 media server? Fantastic is the answer to that question!
pezmannen

Postby zmn72 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:05 am

Pacs wrote:I'm not sure I know exactly how Spotify works. Does it only Stream audio and not download it? I can't get into the beta because I live in the United States.

Maybe this will help: http://www.despotify.se/

Spotify is becoming huge fast in Euope now, and support for ps3 would be amazing.

http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/
zmn72

Return to Feature Suggestions