Web Configuration

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: Web Configuration

Postby bogphanny » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Given that lack of documentation of the PS3 browser (i.e. Netfront), I can't say for sure, though testing would suggest Javascript support is minimal at best.

Having said that, it's not such a difficult task to graciously fall back to a plain ol' REST interface to support the PS3 browser.
bogphanny

Postby moshjahan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:01 pm

@bogphanny, I'd definitely be interested in trying out your working sample when you have it ready.

PS3 browser supports Flash 9 with firmware 2.50 so perhaps a Flex application could be easier to develop than messing around with limited JavaScript support?
moshjahan

Postby bogphanny » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 am

moshjahan wrote:PS3 browser supports Flash 9 with firmware 2.50 so perhaps a Flex application could be easier to develop than messing around with limited JavaScript support?

Interesting approach. I might have a play with this, and see what I can produce.
bogphanny

Postby abobier » Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm

I would like to work on it too.

I could get configuration's information with a modified version of PMS but I don't know how to develop in ajax so ...
abobier

Postby isochronous » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Was there ever any movement on this?

My apologies if this is totally unwarranted, but reading this thread was a perfect example of how most collaborative online projects end up - planning and making such grand plans that nothing ever actually gets underway.

Don't get carried away with how great you can make it with fancy stuff like Ajax, etc. That can be for version 1.0 . Starting out, you're aiming at version 0.1: Just something basic, functional, and proof-of-concept. It's not gonna do everything the first time around, and you shouldn't try to make it do everything. Figure out a development plan. Something like this:

1. Determine what the most important thing for it to do is, 'cause that's what you're going to implement first (unless it requires implementing lots of other features before it's possible.) If I had to pick one thing, it would probably be managing shares.
2. Read through existing source, figure out if it's already exposed enough to attach an alternate UI to it, and if it isn't, figure out where it needs hooks added to implement basic functionality. Figure out how to run another http server using the already included code so you have a server and port to use for the web UI.
3. Decide how you're gonna implement this. Since PS3 media server already requires the JVM to run, and since it would probably greatly simplify development, you might consider something like java server pages to do the scripting.
4. Contact the primary developer and announce your intentions. Don't just start committing code to the repository out of the blue, let him know you're actively developing on the project.
5. Add any hooks to the source you deemed necessary. Make sure you can get output to a browser, ever if it's just static text.
6. See if you can get a script outputting programmatic data. Then see if you can get data from the page to save to the app.
7. Plan the next feature!

I'd be happy to chip in if this ever starts moving...
isochronous

Postby devanl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:04 am

I think what might have happened was the code matured in other areas (I.E. x-fowarding) making this less of a need. As it stands there's really only 2 things I could see wanting:
1) Hulu
2) Auto-DJ for my music files

But you're right its important not to set the sights too high I suppose to leave yourself with the option moving fowards.
devanl

Postby abssorb » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:44 am

Another vote for this.

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ where all my media is stored. PS3MS can run on it, but there is no way for me to see the interface.
abssorb

Postby cbcomputersAU » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 am

Hi guys.

I run a computer shop in Rockingham in Western Australia and have been on to PS3 media server for a while now and have put many many a customer on to it, but here is the main problem i have with the software:

While it serves very very many types of upnp media playback devices with a network port, as of yet i havent found any stable WebUI or Standalone Desktop UPnP Clients that can read the server as a web server over the network. My ultimate question is this:

Wanting to make the PS3 Media Server accessible to any one in that house on the local network via maybe a javascript web ui, Is it possible to run the server with common java script commands so that they can have a web container to access when they are using a computer instead? And if so, could someone point me in the right direction to find the scripting commands to seach the server for media and to start/stop playback and maybe some rewind/fastforward commands as a start and i'll give the Web Client a crack and post it when i have a basic layout configured?

Thankyou guys so much with all the help and i hope we can get a web client running soon, my customers will be chuffed!!!
cbcomputersAU

Postby Vorg » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:36 pm

add my bump to this thread requsting web interface and Hulu free. I want to run this on my linux computer which is mainly vdr. I can manage timers, search list, and other stuff for vdr using vdradmin.
Vorg

Postby PhoenixNZ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Has there been any movement on developing a Webui for PM3MS??

I finally have this working great on UnRaid, but would like a bit more control, as UnRaid is head-less.

Anyone developed a simple Webui? :?:
PhoenixNZ

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Suggestions