IP Filter -> Filter multiple consoles/machines

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

IP Filter -> Filter multiple consoles/machines

Postby stephan » Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 pm

I opened a topic for this problem in "General Support / Network / Video / Streaming Help", but there seems no solution to it. The topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2282

As stated in topic I am on a shared LAN. I want to restrict two consoles (PS3, Xbox 360) to PMS using the ip filter. But with the current version it seems it isnt possible to add multiple IP's. I think it isnt a very complicated addition to PMS to check multiple IP for access.

What my views are:
1. Two input boxes for IP and MAC filter
2. Seperated by spaces or comma's
(3. Time schedule for particular IP's/MAC's)

Thanks in advance :)
stephan

Re: IP Filter -> Filter multiple consoles/machines

Postby Shusaku » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:36 am

I second this request. I am currently using PMS and am 95% happy with it. I hope to obtain a second PS3 in the near future and would obviously appreciate the capabilty to use PMS on both. I agree that it shouldn't be a big deal to get the software to recognise two separate IP addresses, although the impact that this then has on the streaming capabilities of PMS may be an issue. Hopefully, it can get sorted out in the near future.
Shusaku

Postby Redlum » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Shusaku wrote:I second this request. I am currently using PMS and am 95% happy with it. I hope to obtain a second PS3 in the near future and would obviously appreciate the capabilty to use PMS on both. I agree that it shouldn't be a big deal to get the software to recognise two separate IP addresses, although the impact that this then has on the streaming capabilities of PMS may be an issue. Hopefully, it can get sorted out in the near future.

I think you misunderstand this request, what you are talking about is already possible. This request is about excluding certain clients, like if you have 3 PS3's and only want PMS to show up on 2.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby Shusaku » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 am

Yes, I see. Sorry about that. Thanks for the headsup.
Shusaku

Restriction of connection

Postby furball » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Perhaps make a MAC restriction to who can connect to the mediaserver
furball

Postby squadjot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Added to codesite - vote for this =)
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1139
squadjot

Postby Val Killmore » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 am

squadjot wrote:Added to codesite - vote for this =)
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1139

Voted for. :) As the current IP filter stands, it only allows a user to filter out (deny) everything EXCEPT a single specific IP.

A MAC filtering setup with the option to ALLOW or DENY specific devices, like in most routers would be nice.

I have upstairs roommates that keep trying to use my server, and they have no idea what they are doing. I keep telling them not to bother, but they keep trying simply because they can see my server on the network. As I have multiple devices I use in the basement, the IP filter is no good as it only permits one entry for 'allowed' IP, and denies all others. I need to be able to allow all my devices, and deny all their devices. They can setup their own server easy enough ;)
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby DeFlanko » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 pm

i can get behind this.. MAC allowed/disallow table would be better than ip filtering.
Developed a few CONF files...
DeFlanko

Return to Feature Suggestions