Mpeg2 Video Quality settings in #Video settings# folder

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Mpeg2 Video Quality settings in #Video settings# folder

Postby thedom » Wed May 06, 2009 12:24 am

Hello all,

I made a quick search but I couldn't see a similar request. Sorry if it has already been posted by somebody else.

With the mutiple tests I made with various videos, I can say that my network can handle about 10Mbs.
I noticed that depending on the video file and I guess mainly its resolution, I can increase the Mpeg2 video quality settings to "Good quality" without a stuttering playback.
On the opposite, some movie (1080p) needs to be set to "Good quality for HD Wifi transcoding" or even to "Medium quality for HD Wifi transcoding" for a good playback.

Wouldn't be very convenient if one could change the Mpeg2 Video Quality settings with the ps3 instead of having to go back to the pc ?
The options one can enable with the ps3 would be the 6 options we have by default in ps3ms (corresponding to vqscale, vqmin and keyint parameters).

I have absolutely no idea if it's feasible but I think it would be a nice feature.

Thank you for your response and keep up your good work.
thedom

Re: Mpeg2 Video Quality settings in #Video settings# folder

Postby thedom » Sat May 09, 2009 4:14 pm

I don't want to be a pain but I would like to know what the staff (and other members) think of this request.
Thanks.
thedom

Re: Mpeg2 Video Quality settings in #Video settings# folder

Postby meskibob » Sat May 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Sounds like a reasonable idea. Not sure what it would take to implement though...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Feature Suggestions