Add lyric for mp3

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Add lyric for mp3

Postby umbesca » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:45 am

It's fantastic add a lyric when music play, bye and good job. PS3 media it's number one for me
umbesca

Re: Add lyric for mp3

Postby meskibob » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:37 pm

You want PMS to display the music's lyrics on the screen while song is being played from the PS3? If so, then you're out of luck until the PS3 supports it as one of their visuals. I'm not even sure if the lyrics section of the music's properties is transferred over in the current DLNA protocol.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby umbesca » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:40 pm

You want PMS to display the music's lyrics on the screen while song is being played from the PS3?

yes. But now is possible add the lyric and the cover in mp3 directly, It's possible exploit this option with ps3 media server?
umbesca

Postby ExSport » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Did you see somewhere on PS3 place where lyrics can be shown? No? So how to do it via PMS when PS3 doesn't support it?
Maybe playing MP3 as black video with subtitles ;)
ExSport

Postby whome » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes, only option would be to encode mp3 audio track and runtime generated subtitling video stream. Lyrics file needed to have timestamps and durations to keep in sync. Then it could be played from the video XMB folder. Going to happen...I don't think so.
whome

Postby meskibob » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:21 pm

whome wrote:Yes, only option would be to encode mp3 audio track and runtime generated subtitling video stream. Lyrics file needed to have timestamps and durations to keep in sync. Then it could be played from the video XMB folder. Going to happen...I don't think so.

I don't know if the original poster was thinking karaoke, but that's a whole other mess. For just displaying the lyrics, I could see it as a little window where they just read the properties of the file and display the text. Something like what they have with Folding@Home where you can have the molecule box windowed, but then expand it over the rest of the screen if the appropriate button is pushed. But, this all still requires Sony to implement it.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Feature Suggestions