Possibility to relay IPTV-server, or a windows media stream

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Possibility to relay IPTV-server, or a windows media stream

Postby sprutten » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:44 pm

I've been searching far and wide for this function but haven't found anything like it yet... Of course I can do it with my Linux install but it would be alot easier if it was possible to watch TV through XMB and still be able to see encrypted channels. :)

Pherhaps a relay the media stream of ProgDVB could be a nice way to go? It's a free program and you can change channel from the client as well... :P
sprutten

Re: Possibility to relay IPTV-server, or a windows media stream

Postby whome » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Is ProgDVB able to output dvb stream to a localhost tcp/udp port? My understanding is it just playbacks dvb streams to directx(?) video renderer canvas. Only option is then to use screencapture filters. Install MS Windows Media Encoder package to get a directx screencapture filter. Another one is to use VLC screencapture streaming.

But then you get nowhere unless someone need interest to implement filter support on PS3MS side. Most like not a worth effort at this time.
whome

Postby sprutten » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:25 pm

whome wrote:Is ProgDVB able to output dvb stream to a localhost tcp/udp port? My understanding is it just playbacks dvb streams to directx(?) video renderer canvas. Only option is then to use screencapture filters. Install MS Windows Media Encoder package to get a directx screencapture filter. Another one is to use VLC screencapture streaming.

But then you get nowhere unless someone need interest to implement filter support on PS3MS side. Most like not a worth effort at this time.

During installation of ProgDVB you have the option to install media server. And also you can download media server module which also allows IPTV-server and stuff... This allows progdvb to send the transport stream directly to the network. I haven't actually had the opportunity to test it in a good way yet but it's all there and I would be very surprised if it didn't work.
sprutten

Postby whome » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:13 am

If thats the case probably is possible to introduce a videostream entry in web.conf file. I don't know how to change channels thought, is it streaming an active channel to the fixed port. Then another utlility is responsible to send change channel command, maybe it works.
whome

Postby sprutten » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah, I've been trying that but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.
Even so... If I got it to work I still wouldn't be able to change the channel from XMB. It need's some kind of function where you can choose the channels in a sub menu, like movie files or something, in XMB and then pms sends a change channel command to progdvb..
sprutten

Postby sprutten » Sun May 03, 2009 5:21 pm

I have found MediaPortal TV server to be a very good way to stream live TV over a local network connection. Far superior to progdvb and others I've tried with. There is also another benefit with tv server - it's open source!
Not that I am a good programmer in ANY way but wouldn't it be the easiest way to create a simple client based on that program? Pherhaps even borrow a lot from the mediaportal client?

Forgive me for double posting like this.
sprutten

Return to Feature Suggestions