Option to Keep transcoded files After viewing

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Option to Keep transcoded files After viewing

Postby morips3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:46 am

While i LOVE PSM i would really like the option for it to keep the transcoded files After use so I could then have a Workable file i could play on My ps3 without needing a transcode in the future Is this Something that could be enabled? with Simple check box? And yes i am aware the files are potentially Huge ;)
morips3

Re: Option to Keep transcoded files After viewing

Postby meskibob » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm

PMS was designed to do everything in memory with no temp files or adding to the server's harddrive(s). Besides, there are plenty of other programs available (like MKV2VOB) that do what you're requesting.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Option to Keep transcoded files After viewing

Postby whome » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

True, but if you really need to use PS3MS transcoding command you can run VLC commandline. Here is an exact copy of ps3ms is internally using. I just changed write to a file.

Change source variable to a local file or netstream. About the commandline options: vb=videobitrate, ab=audiobitrate

But do you really want to use this for batch processing is beyond me, recommend not because image quality sucks. Runtime transcoding is meant to run fast enough, not maximize the quality due to a CPU limit. You should use better batch scripts to transcode files, leave it run when you go to sleep.

Code: Select all
@REM Transcode file or stream to mpeg2/mp3
set source=mms://ondemand.msmedia.zdf.newmedia.nacamar.net/zdf/data/msmedia/zdf/09/02/090217_anstalt_nad_l.wmv

set VLC=C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

"%VLC%" -vvv -I dummy %source% :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="output.mpeg"}}
pause
whome

Return to Feature Suggestions