Hey, just wondering if we could update the PS3.conf file.

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Hey, just wondering if we could update the PS3.conf file.

Postby d3m0n1q_733rz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 am

I was looking at and comparing the PS3.conf file to the file types currently supported by the PS3 and the files don't match up! Some of the mime types are incorrect and needed to be corrected, LPCM won't play at all when converted to so something needs to be fixed there, I've split apart the DTS and LPCM from WAV since they each have their own mime types (LPCM has 4), and the flv format works just fine so I could add an entry for it.
Really, it looks like the conf file hasn't been updated in quite a while.
If you're looking for backwards compatibility, perhaps there's a way to tell the PS3 firmware versions apart from one another to choose the best conf file for the job.
In any case, FLAC files aren't transcoding properly, so something's broke somewhere and I can't seem to find it.
d3m0n1q_733rz

Re: Hey, just wondering if we could update the PS3.conf file

Postby zenlord » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 pm

+1 - I don't know about other formats, but FLAC support is something I have added manually to my PS3-renderer profile

Another feature suggestion: allow people to have custom renderer profiles that supersede the default ones. Now I have to make the same changes to the same file after every update...
zenlord

Return to Feature Suggestions