Sony Bravia Internet Video Link ?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Sony Bravia Internet Video Link ?

Postby itchy2000 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:17 am

Is there any way to get this to work with the Sony Bravia Internet Video Link ?
The XMB interface looks almost the same...
Sure would be nice
itchy2000

Re: Sony Bravia Internet Video Link ?

Postby Topguy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 pm

itchy2000 wrote:Is there any way to get this to work with the Sony Bravia Internet Video Link ?
The XMB interface looks almost the same...
Sure would be nice

I can find no information about this product that mentions uPnP or DNLA so I will say.. "no".
Topguy

Postby ExSport » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 pm

r322 is your hope ;)
Great Shagrath:-)
ExSport

Postby zaphod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:48 pm

The Sony Z4500 LCD-TV got an ethernet Interface.. in the description is something about UPNP-DLNA-Client... it should be possible to connect with the ps3mediaserver..
zaphod

Postby shagrath » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 pm

should be possible in near future
btw Z4500 supports only music and images
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby arrrghhh » Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 am

I have a Samsung TV and would love it if PS3Media supported it, even if it was a very basic level - You have a great piece of software here, better than any other UPNP media server I've used! Of course Samsung states that I'm required to use their software - but the TV sees the PS3MS, just can't play any files, view any pictures or play any music. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is - but I'd love to help! I have both Windows and Linux, with the server running exclusively on my Linux box. Anything I can do, Wireshark packets, test new builds, anything that may help this TV (and potentially others) work with this fantastic software!
arrrghhh

Postby arrrghhh » Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 am

Well I ditched my Samsung and got a Kuro... the Kuro recognizes and plays ALL the formats it advertises it can! Problem is it does not do the popular xvid or any divx format for that matter... it'll do AVI's if they're h.264, but that's about it other than some MPEG formats... and in some ways I like it better than the PS3, and in others the PS3 is amazing at. So I think for now the PS3 will still be the tool to stream most stuff, and maybe the Kuro with some tinkering or re-encoding to h.264... i'd rather not transcode on the fly if i can help it, my system can't do HD on the fly. SD isn't bad, but sometimes there's audio sync issues. at any rate I'm rambling for this thread probably, as ps3 media server worked perfectly with my Pioneer TV, Pioneer just needs to support more formats! (like that's going to happen now lol!)
arrrghhh

Return to Feature Suggestions