- Removed option to automatically switch to tsMuxeR (available manually via the #--TRANSCODE--# folder)
More info about this removal and its consequences here:
https://github.com/ps3mediaserver/ps3me ... a06be770c2
Up to this patch PMS was able to automatically use best option how to play file depending on our preferences set in PMS.
What to set:
- Audio/Subtitle priority set
- "forced" string set
- MEncoder used as top priority engine
- "Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding" checked
- "automatically load *.srt/*.sub subtitles with the same file name" checked
- "Mux all audio tracks" checked on tsMuxeR engine tab
We can play file outside TRANSCODE folder and PMS will do what is needed:
- remux MKV when subs are not needed for lower CPU/bandwidth usage and lossless quality
- transcode file with MEncoder when subs should be rendered
After this patch you will lose playing file out of the box, without going to TRANSCODE folder and choosing correct audio/sub combination manually.
- Whatever engine we are using in top of priority, you always need to go to TRANSCODE folder and make manual selection. Why we have audio/sub preferences then?
- When txMuxeR will be used, you need go there to check if you will not miss some full or forced subs which should be played so MEncoder should be used.
- When MEncoder is used, you need go there to check if it is needed to use MEncoder and waste CPU/quality/bandwidth when it is not needed (no full/forced subs needed)
It is not expected behavior to force users to use TRANSCODE folder every time also in case Audio/Subs priority is set.
Not talking about the flaws of majority of renderers that combinations shown in TRANSCODE folder are truncated so you can't see all info like audio and subtitles combination, what to choose so selection is done upon nationality flag.
Now this intelligent algorithm was removed so we need an alternative
How it will be done nicely without any code hacks, I don't know. But I know it is the only feature which no other DLNA server has and why I am using PMS and why I programmed code in PMS for "forced" subs support.
Also I am not sure but what I remember, in past also tsMuxeR engine played preferred audio without choosing it manually. I think some patch removed this behavior, reordering of audio tracks in tsmuxer.meta file depending on our preference set. But maybe I am wrong.