Add Support for XBMC Thumbnails

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Add Support for XBMC Thumbnails

Postby Dracrius » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:03 am

I use ps3 media server every day in my room with my PS3 but I point it at the same library I use for XBMC in my living room and they both want almost the same thing for thumbnails except the extension. I use TVRenamer and some times Media Companion to collect and rename all my movies and shows but both of these are meant for XBMC and save all thumbnails as filename.tbn(posters for Movies and screen shots for TV shows as TV posters are saved as folder.jpg). Now a tbn file is just a jpg with a different extension so I was wondering if you could implement the ability for pms to notice this structure and use the tbn as the thumbnail and ignore the folder.jpg whenever a tbn is present and use it as the thumbnail instead. This would save me a lot of trouble as I currently use a batch to rename all .tbn to .jpg but this means I have to manually add posters for movies and seasons in XBMC as well as run the script every time I add a new show or episode. Now I'm sure I'm not the only user who uses XBMC as well so this should be help full to many and a very simple change as I see it.
Dracrius

Re: Add Support for XBMC Thumbnails

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 am

I started (and abandoned) this a while ago. It's non-trivial.

Dracrius wrote:a tbn file is just a jpg with a different extension

A .tbn can be a gif, jpeg, png or bmp.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Feature Suggestions