Quit PMS on PS3 shutdown ...Is it possible?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Quit PMS on PS3 shutdown ...Is it possible?

Postby lastmoexit » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:48 pm

I was curious if it was possible for PMS to detect when I shut off my PS3 and then shut itself off. I searched through the forums, and came up empty. Years of reading different forums and never posting until I found this one and I'm sure my searching skills aren't the best. I apologize if this has been answered or covered elsewhere. If so, a link to point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

...peace

-lastmoexit

edit: ...wondering if i posted this in the wrong place ...if so, i'm sorry
lastmoexit

Re: Quit PMS on PS3 shutdown ...Is it possible?

Postby squadjot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Its not built in , yet, If this is done right, it should be no problem. ( note: go signup, and vote for the ideas you like )
I beleive there's some plugin on this forum specifically doing the shutdown task, Maybe this
squadjot

Postby lastmoexit » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 am

Thanks for the reply, but I was looking more for something along the lines of just quitting PS3 Media Server on PS3 shutdown. The links you have provided seem to be more for completely shutting down the computer. I just wanted PMS to quit on the computer when the PS3 is turned off. Appreciate the reply, though.

...peace

-lastmoexit
lastmoexit

Postby squadjot » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok, sorry i may been a bit too fast there..
but still, if we had custom commands ( or rather the ability to execute script files via XMB) , THEN you'd be able to turn off PMS, then turn off your PS3.
squadjot

Postby lastmoexit » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks, squadjot. That sounds good. What I was wondering about is that PMS is able to detect if the PS3 is on/off, then why could it not detect when the PS3 is shutdown. Just as a pc can detect when the internet connection is cut/disabled/etc., then, too, couldn't PMS notice when the PS3 is turned off?
lastmoexit

Postby squadjot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 pm

lastmoexit wrote:Thanks, squadjot. That sounds good. What I was wondering about is that PMS is able to detect if the PS3 is on/off, then why could it not detect when the PS3 is shutdown. Just as a pc can detect when the internet connection is cut/disabled/etc., then, too, couldn't PMS notice when the PS3 is turned off?

I'm sure that, for someone that knows the PMS structure, it would not be too hard.
Maybe someone can build it as a plugin?
squadjot

Return to Feature Suggestions