Making 2nd audio track the default

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Making 2nd audio track the default

Postby KingRamey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 pm

I seem to be having similar problems to the person in this topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11399

bioshocker wrote:The series I am trying to stream has 3 audio tracks, two of which are english, the third is japanese...

Using language priority I can get it to do either the first english track or the japanese track, but I can't find a way to get the 2nd english track which is always the 2nd of three tracks on this series.

There are too many files to alter them all one by one and remove audio tracks.

I'm having this same problem but the only difference is with my transcode folder. It takes a while for every episode to show up and i'll have to restart the media server a couple times but its not that big of a deal.

My main issue is that I really just want to find a way to make the 2nd english track play by default without going having to the transcode folder each time i want to watch an episode.

Any help is appreciated
KingRamey

Re: Making 2nd audio track the default

Postby meskibob » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Thread moved.

Unfortunately the only ways to do this are:
  1. Use the provided #Transcode# folder
  2. Use a separate program to reorder the tracks
  3. Modify the code to default to second track or make it a toggle-able setting
The first two are entirely in your court, and the third requires getting someone else to commit a lot more effort than the first two. So, you can try to get one of the devs to look at it (create an issue and get it on the tracker - https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/list), but I wouldn't get my hopes up given the number of larger issues and requests.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Feature Suggestions