Photo dates and artist track information

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Photo dates and artist track information

Postby JonnyManiac » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:05 am

I've been using PS3 Media Server since the early days after struggling with TVersity configuration for months. As great a server it is I have noticed a couple of quirks that trouble me.

1. Photos always seem to display the modified date only and if you use the PS3 slideshow option that displays dates they all show 0/0 00:00 as the date/time. Could photo dates not show 'Date Taken' attribute of the file?

2. In the original builds of PS3 Media Server my Music albums that have mutiple artists the artist of the actual track was always displayed in preference to the Album Artist. In later builds Album Artist seems to take preference and so albums tagged with 'Various Artists' as the Album Artist only display this rather than the individual artist. Is there any way of configuring this or is it hardcoded into the code?

Many thanks for any help or added functionality in advance
JonnyManiac

Re: Photo dates and artist track information

Postby meskibob » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Unfortunately, the PS3 will display what it wants to display during actual playback. However, the pms-mlx build (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775) will eventually be able to help you filter/browse your music and photos through more advanced media library trees (it's currently only working for videos).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Feature Suggestions