Update MPlayer/MEncoder actual soft crashes with some MKV!!!

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Update MPlayer/MEncoder actual soft crashes with some MKV!!!

Postby marcosgue » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi, first sorry for my english.

(First of all i have to tell, i am using Windows 7 64bits)

Well, i have a problem with some MKV files, when i try to stream in my ps3 or xbox in my PC appears the message "MEncoder stop working" in spanish i recive the message "MEncoder dejo de funcionar"

I look for a update of MPlayer/MEncoder and i found in here http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

I download the lastest version and i replace the files in PS3 Media Server/win32, i make a copy of new MEncoder and rename it mencoder_mt and put into the folder win32 to.

Then i run again PS3 Media Server and i can stream the MKV files perfect BUT... PS3 and XBOX don't show me the subtitles.

I hope some one can help me.

Thanks
marcosgue

Re: Update MPlayer/MEncoder actual soft crashes with some MK

Postby ExSport » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Yes, SEARCH will help you. ;)
Many times discussed here that ASS settings have to be disabled(it is broken in latest MEncoder builds)
ExSport

Postby marcosgue » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 am

Sorry i try to search but i don't speak english very well and i can't find the answer to my problem.

Are you saying to me if i Disable ASS settings i can use the lastest version of MPlayer/MEncoder?

thanks!
marcosgue

Postby ExSport » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Yessssssss. Disable it in PMS GUI and it should work again. ASS/SSA files works for me also. But you will loose better subtitles rendering used with "ASS engine" and other features like italic,bold,positioning etc.(if it ever worked)
ExSport

Return to Feature Suggestions