Need a sorting option.

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Need a sorting option.

Postby indecks » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 am

First off, Chocolateboy, I don't need a link to pms-mlx. I'm not using windows, I'm using Linux, so no thanks.

I have PMS set to 'default' sorting, and a lot of my items are out of order. All of my items are labled correctly and in correct order. I.e.

Star Trek TNG - S01E01 - Title.avi
Star Trek TNG - S01E02 - Title.avi

And so on, but in some (not all) of the folders the items are all jumbled. I need a way to fix this for LINUX, not Windows.
indecks

Re: Need a sorting option.

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 am

indecks wrote:First off, Chocolateboy, I don't need a link to pms-mlx. I'm not using windows, I'm using Linux, so no thanks.
I need a way to fix this for LINUX, not Windows.

So much angst... :P

Anywho, there is a linux build for pms-mlx, and pms-mlx is the appropriate build for your request.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pms-mlx ... ase%200.3/
pms-generic-linux-unix-1.20.512_mlx-v0.3.tgz 2011-03-10 11.9 MB

And if the build doesn't work, you should be able to compile the source for yourself (taconaut can confirm if that's available yet)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby indecks » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 am

Hmm, I sit corrected. Thanks for the Linux version of it. Only problem is it now give me way too many folders to sort. With the standard PMS, this is my directory structure (browsing from my PS3, mind you)

Videos:
.Show A
.Show B
.Show C
.Movies
.RiffTrax
.Youtube Stuff

(pardon the formatting there, it's very simple)

Etc etc. With the PMS-MLX, I get all kinds of crazy stuff I don't want like A-Z, Recently Played, Never Played, etc. Is there a way to keep my current directory structure? Also, none of my videos showed up when I used it. Using the standard PMS, I just changed the sorting option to Date, saved, closed down, reopened, changed to Default, saved, closed down, restarted and everything was sorted properly. I'd prefer to use something a little more robust like PMS-MLX, but not if it's going to shove tons of folders down my throat.

Thanks for the help.
indecks

Postby taconaut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

If you're using it in headless mode, you can't change the folder configuration. If you use the gui, see what you can do with it, and read the wiki. The shown folders are just an example showing some possibilities of what can be done.
One of the primary goals of mlx was to decouple the file system from what is actually shown in a folder on the ps3; that's where all the folder craziness comes from. If you want to be able to sort, while keeping the folders the same way as in your file system, add auto folders of type file systems.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Return to Feature Suggestions