web streaming with VLC

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

web streaming with VLC

Postby vampires » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Hiya

Just discovered PS3 Media server what a great piece of software, was using mediatomb but this beats it hands down :)

Have been trying to watch youtube with the VLC option, it works fine with the server installed on windows, but if I try it on Linux Mint, as my media server uses, I get a blank screen for a while then it says corrupt data. I have searched this forum but not really found a solution to this problem. Also when I look in the trace it says VLC returns error 139..

Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix.

OK got something a bit better I think lol, just updated to latest version of VLC, now dont get corrupt data just a blank screen from PS3 and PSM says it is transcoding the stream just fine.

Regards

Robbie
vampires

Re: web streaming with VLC

Postby ratatoskr » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I guess I'm missing somthing, but why can't you watch youtube through the PS3 web-browser?
Ubuntu 8.10 | PMS 1.10.5 | Core2Duo E5200 |
ratatoskr

Re: web streaming with VLC

Postby vampires » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Cos Im a lazy sod Ratatoskr and if I can do it through PMS no typing is involved lol.

No really I just like things to work as they should, and will go out of my way to make it so lmao

Robbie
vampires

Return to Linux/Unix Support