ICY BOX 4220 Help

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ICY BOX 4220 Help

Postby moran1804 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:26 am

hey guys i have purchased an ICY BOX 4220, it comes with Twonkey media server already installed but not being a FAN, i really want PMS working,

it is a linux box but i do not have a screen or a linux PC, you install apps onto the server by placing them in a folder called Public/Applications/new_software

so i placed the PMS TGZ in there then rebooted the server after the reboot in the Public/applications folder PMS-Linux-1.04 appeared,

just wondering if anyone could help me work out how to run the program and why my PS3 cant see it?

it may be a password issue not sure were i config that, or the app might not be booting when the server boots up?
does anyone have any experiance with this that can help, im a wiz with windows new to linux

cheers
mike
moran1804

Re: ICY BOX 4220 Help

Postby Topguy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm

moran1804 wrote:hey guys i have purchased an ICY BOX 4220, it comes with Twonkey media server already installed but not being a FAN, i really want PMS working,

We have another thread here also covering some NAS devices, and looking at the specs for this one I think we also can add this one to the list of: "Will not ever work."
http://en.nas-4220.org/index.php/Processor_and_Chipset
Topguy

Return to Linux/Unix Support