.DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: .DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

Postby redmamoth » Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 pm

paissad, can you also look into the issues with mediainfo and libmediainfo0?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6633

not sure if this is anything to do with you?
redmamoth

plugin

Postby zeroc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 am

Can someone pls tell me where should the plugin folder be ? Im using debian squeeze and didn´t find plugin folder under /etc/pms-linux/
zeroc

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 am

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Crusoe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello,

thank you for your great work.

But is there a possibility to use PMS with multithread mplayer and mencoder?
I am using Maverick 32Bit and Lucid Lynx 32Bit.
But all tutorials are quite old and the script does not provide a multithread option.
Does someone have a solution or a link to a valid tutorial which works with Maverick or Lucid?
I've searching the forum and with google, but no luck :(

Thank you
Crusoe
Crusoe

Postby tee el cee » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 pm

paissad wrote:There is also something else i would like to think about too !
It's about TsMuxer, i cannot put the full .deb package in PPA Launchpad repositories because tsMuxer source is not available ! ... That's the main reason why i currently prefer using my personal repo.

FYI,

See https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/52348

tlc
tee el cee

Postby paissad » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

@ tee el cee

Oh thanks !
I did finish to build the package yesterday, but i was working on another shell script so that tsMuxeR is built separately and then upload the fully open-source PMS in the PPA repositories.
But now that it seems possible to use the PPA repos for uploading free & open-source projets containing some closed modules, i will consider that option.
I promised i would upload the .deb package on Sunday, .. i finished building it, but i was considering how to make it available in a more easier way.

Anyway, the update will be available soon :)
paissad

Postby paissad » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Actually, it's not possible to put a proprietary piece of code/stuff in PPA repositories as i mentioned !
But at most, it's possible to pay for that purpose and it's still not guaranteed that it will be accepted mostly if the project code is not hosted by the IP owner, and i'm absolutely not the IP owner :)
paissad

Postby Osiris X » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 am

Built debian package for 1.23 a couple of weeks ago and it works great - a few observations (not specifically related to this version):

I was experiencing an A/V sync and audio distortion (slowed down audio) problem particularly when using pmsencoder. It transpired that the latest version of mencoder in the debian repository was to blame - version 3:1.0~rc4+svn20110505-0.0. I have since held the package at version 2:1.0~rc4.dfsg1-2 and the problem is resolved.

I also experienced massive CPU + memory usage spikes (inc. disk thrashing on my swap partition if left long enough), extremely lengthy delays in media library re-builds and browsing the media server from the PS3. This issue turned out to be related to the version of libmediainfo0 that I was using. It appears that version 0.7.44 (in the debian repository) has this problem with certain .avi files - seemingly parsing the entire file to extract information. The problem also exists if you try to use mediainfo command/gui directly to extract info from the files in question.The solution was to hold the version at 0.7.41

I hope this helps somebody

Os
Osiris X

Postby redmamoth » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Osiris X wrote:Built debian package for 1.23 a couple of weeks ago and it works great - a few observations (not specifically related to this version):

I was experiencing an A/V sync and audio distortion (slowed down audio) problem particularly when using pmsencoder. It transpired that the latest version of mencoder in the debian repository was to blame - version 3:1.0~rc4+svn20110505-0.0. I have since held the package at version 2:1.0~rc4.dfsg1-2 and the problem is resolved.

I also experienced massive CPU + memory usage spikes (inc. disk thrashing on my swap partition if left long enough), extremely lengthy delays in media library re-builds and browsing the media server from the PS3. This issue turned out to be related to the version of libmediainfo0 that I was using. It appears that version 0.7.44 (in the debian repository) has this problem with certain .avi files - seemingly parsing the entire file to extract information. The problem also exists if you try to use mediainfo command/gui directly to extract info from the files in question.The solution was to hold the version at 0.7.41

I hope this helps somebody

Os

This would really help me, can you explain how I could do the same on my lucid build?
redmamoth

Postby squeeky » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Crusoe wrote:But is there a possibility to use PMS with multithread mplayer and mencoder?
I am using Maverick 32Bit and Lucid Lynx 32Bit.
But all tutorials are quite old and the script does not provide a multithread option.
Does someone have a solution or a link to a valid tutorial which works with Maverick or Lucid?

I used the procedure in this thread and it worked fine for Maverick,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10700
squeeky

PreviousNext

Return to Linux/Unix Support