.DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: .DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

Postby fbutera101 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Turning off UPNP doesn't appear to fix it. The thing is, I didn't have this problem when I was running PMS as a service in Windows, so it seems less that it's a problem with PMS, and more to do with the operating system. I dunno.

Sigh.
fbutera101

Postby meskibob » Thu May 26, 2011 1:06 pm

fbutera101 wrote:Turning off UPNP doesn't appear to fix it. The thing is, I didn't have this problem when I was running PMS as a service in Windows, so it seems less that it's a problem with PMS, and more to do with the operating system. I dunno.

Sigh.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=18424#p22384
Something on your new OS probably blocking multicast...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby fbutera101 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 am

meskibob wrote:
fbutera101 wrote:Turning off UPNP doesn't appear to fix it. The thing is, I didn't have this problem when I was running PMS as a service in Windows, so it seems less that it's a problem with PMS, and more to do with the operating system. I dunno.

Sigh.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=18424#p22384
Something on your new OS probably blocking multicast...

See that's the thing. The OS isn't blocking multicast. When I go view the debug.log file, i can see the server getting the M-SEARCH message from the XBOX and then the subsequent reply it sends. After a while, however, if I give it an hour or so to just marinate, if I fire up the console, the M-SEARCH messages aren't showing up in the debug.log any more. It does continue to send out ALIVE messages though.

I guess I'll just keep playing with it. I found a couple threads from a couple years ago who were having the same issue, but it seems that a new version seemed to have fixed their issues.

Who knows.
fbutera101

Postby bugme » Sat May 28, 2011 10:36 am

I have problem. I use this install script ...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11108&p=51134#p51134
bugme

Postby squeeky » Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I would like to run the latest PMS version but the deb pkg has not been upgraded in a while. Copying the new pms.jar directly over the old version results in a few issues, namely the pms.conf file in /etc/pms-linux is not used. Anybody have any luck with this?
squeeky

Postby bugme » Sat May 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Itús unfunction it can not find key from dev.paissand ane it write sudo not foud! I have debian and it is problem, so why there its for debian and ubuntu although it is not???? :o :o :o
bugme

Postby jtag » Sat May 28, 2011 7:42 pm

squeeky wrote:I would like to run the latest PMS version but the deb pkg has not been upgraded in a while. Copying the new pms.jar directly over the old version results in a few issues, namely the pms.conf file in /etc/pms-linux is not used. Anybody have any luck with this?

I noticed, when I have overwrite pms.jar with a new version, pms.conf used was in the same directory as pms.jar.
jtag

Postby paissad » Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 am

Hello to all !
Sorry for missing all that long time :?
I really promise that this time i will put the 1.22 version into the debian repository before next sunday at most !
Actually, i will be free on Thuesday and i think i will need from 1 to 3 days before releasing a new version of the .Deb package.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the patience !
paissad

Postby bugme » Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 am

paissad wrote:i will put the 1.22 version into the debian repository!

But last version is 1.23!!
bugme

Postby paissad » Sun May 29, 2011 10:51 am

ok, i will put i 1.23 then .. don't worry :D (i thought the latest stable was 1.22)
Actually, i even want to do something else !
i plan to have 2 branches in the repository , for example
- stable (will contain stable PMS releases 1.21, ...., 1.23 for example)
- svn ( will contain latest svn snapshots)

There is also something else i would like to think about too !
It's about TsMuxer, i cannot put the full .deb package in PPA Launchpad repositories because tsMuxer source is not available ! ... That's the main reason why i currently prefer using my personal repo.
But the problem with my personal repo is the available bandwidth ... it's enough for serving many users at the same time :?
paissad

PreviousNext

Return to Linux/Unix Support