Ubuntu 9.04 Share issues

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Ubuntu 9.04 Share issues

Postby ondrovic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 and have the latest beta of PS3MS ( 1.11.363 ) running. I have all my media shared on a NAS ( Iomega StorCenter XI2 ) which I can see in Ubuntu. My question is how can I add the sources from my NAS to work with PS3MS? Everything I try only allows me to see / of my Ubuntu file system never the media that's on the NAS.

Thanks in advanced for the help
ondrovic

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Share issues

Postby ondrovic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:46 pm

here is a screen shot
ondrovic

Postby jobenso » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 am

That image is so small its worthless, but I have a similar issue with Ubuntu. I have two drives formated NTFS and they have quite a bit of media on them. You can add them to the server, but if you try to browse using folders they are empty. If however you add them to your media library (and then scan) they show up and you can play them. Try using the library option, it lacks the ability to browse by folder, but it does place them in DATE/SD/HD/MUSIC & PICTURE categories. I'm not sure why this is a problem, but it looks as if it has to do with it not being ext2 or some thing native to Ubuntu.
jobenso

Postby jobenso » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:37 am

Works under twonkymedia server, it's the PSMS.
jobenso

Return to Linux/Unix Support