I have recently set up a Ubuntu 9.04 system of a portable USB to utilize a XP lenovo laptop (work laptop). I have successfully installed PS3 Media Server on the system, having been my favorite streaming software on xp. Problem is it does not see the ps3, and vice verser . I can ping the PS3 (172.16.1.101) fine, and the logs for PMS look fine (see below). When I boot up the xp image and test it connect fine, so I don't believe it is an issue with my hardware setup, more likely with a setting i need to change in ubuntu itself. it has been 10 years since i last used a unix environment, so I most likely missing something basic
Lenovo Laptop connected (172.16.1.100) via wireless (wpa2) to a Linksys wrt54g router. I have the PS3 directly wired to the same router.
PS3 media server 1.10.5
As you can see below , it can see the router fine. I have tried setting to a different port, and hard setting it to wlan0 as suggested in otmanix thread, but still no luck. I also installed firestarter to force port 5001 to be open to all , zero. I can connect fine with xp, but prefer not to due to having to stuff around with the firewall each time i wish to use it. looking at the log file , i see no issues.
Anyone have a clue what i am missing? the only thing I have not done is http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20 as I have no idea if it applies, or how to do it (still giving myself a crash course in the terminal, it is slowly coming back)
- Code: Select all
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.420 Starting Java PS3 Media Server v1.10.5
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.422 by shagrath / 2008-2009
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.422 http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.422 http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.422
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.422 Java 1.6.0_16-Sun Microsystems Inc.
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.423 OS Linux i386 2.6.28-15-generic
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.423 Encoding: UTF-8
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.428 Temp folder: /tmp/javaps3media
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.472 Registering transcoding engine FFmpeg Audio
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.479 Registering transcoding engine MEncoder
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.480 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Audio
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.480 Registering transcoding engine MEncoder Web
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.481 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Video Dump
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.481 Registering transcoding engine MPlayer Web
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.484 Registering transcoding engine TsMuxer
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.484 Registering transcoding engine Audio High Fidelity
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.485 Registering transcoding engine VideoLan Audio Streaming
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.485 Registering transcoding engine VideoLan Video Streaming
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.485 Registering transcoding engine Raws Thumbnailer
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.703 Scanning network interface wlan0 / wlan0
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.703 Using address /172.16.1.100 found on network interface: name:wlan0 (wlan0) index: 4 addresses: /172.16.1.100;
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.704 Created socket: /172.16.1.100:5001
[Thread-4] TRACE 16:19:45.709 Starting DLNA Server on host 172.16.1.100 and port 5001...
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.712 Sending ALIVE...
[main] TRACE 16:19:45.715 Using following UUID: 068d4795-9fb0-3dc5-bd98-0ec54d44a844
[main] TRACE 16:19:51.947 It's ready! You should see the server appears on XMB
[Thread-7] TRACE 16:20:01.946 Sending ALIVE...