PMS doesn't show user shares from unRaid server on PS3

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS doesn't show user shares from unRaid server on PS3

Postby fireman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:06 pm

For a few week now, I have had PMS installed and working on my unRaid server. What a great combo !!! How could I live without it for so long ?

I'm really happy with this setup except for one thing. unRaid lets you configure user shares. These shares can span more than one disk in the server. I currently have a share named "HD Movies" and that share spans disk 1 and 2 which means that every time I drop a movie in that share, I could physically find it on disk 1 or disk 2 depending on my server's configuration.

It would be nice if PMS let me show the shares instead on the actual disks. That way, all I'd have to do would be to my share, let's say HD Movies, and I'd find all my HD movies. I currently need to go to disk 1, then to the HD Movies folder. If I don't find what I'm looking for, I need to go to disk 2 then again to the HD Movies folder. At the present time, I only have 2 data hd's but I intend to add more in the future - that's the beauty of unRaid - and the, it will really become a hassle.

Any ideas on letting PMS show user shares in unRaid ?
Jean-Pierre
fireman

Return to Linux/Unix Support